Assistant Coordinator - Human Resources
18 Month Temporary Position
Definition and Purpose
Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator II Human Resources, the Assistant Coordinator Human Resources is responsible for recruiting and onboarding student, intermittent, and staff positions throughout ASI and coordinating organizational training and development programs. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to recruiting and onboarding, job description maintenance, orientation, and employee training and development programs.
Additionally, all ASI employees are responsible for upholding the core values of the organization including but not limited to exhibiting professional behavior, acting as a role model to others, displaying a positive and cooperative attitude, communicating effectively, developing expert knowledge in area of specialization, and working together as a team.
Educational and Qualifying Experience, Skills, Licenses, Credentials
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university preferred (8 years applicable experience may be substituted for educational requirement).
- Minimum one (1) year professional HR experience, three (3) years preferred that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- General knowledge of office methods, equipment, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of Windows-based computer systems.
- Working knowledge of recruiting software programs.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State Labor Law.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others on diverse teams.
- Ability to apply judgment and discretion in performing confidential personnel matters.
- Directly supervise Recruitment Student Assistants.
- Facilitate meetings, conduct performance evaluations, establish goals, and monitor day-to-day operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Recruiting and Onboarding
- Advertise for all open positions including posting on job boards, attending job fairs, and placing ads in various media publications and websites.
- Manage online recruitment software.
- Track all applications received, communicate with candidates as to the status of their application.
- Screen applications for minimum qualifications.
- Develop appropriate and legal interview questions for search committees.
- Process interview denial notifications.
- Send out full-time new hire announcements.
- Prepare offer letters for approval.
- Coordinate background check process and ensure compliance with ASI policy.
- Conduct reference checks for all positions.
- Prepare new hire paperwork packets.
- Assist employees with new hire paperwork including I-9s, W-4s, and Payroll Information Forms.
- Recruit and on-board intermittent employees.
- Conduct FICA verifications.
- Serve on student staff search committees.
- Serve on intermittent staff search committees.
- Serve on full-time staff search committees.
- Coordinate large scale recruitment events for specific staff areas (e.g. Intramural Sports, Childrens Programs, Lifeguards, etc.).
- Coordinate candidate travel arrangements as needed.
- Track employee recruitment and turnover data and create reports as needed.
- Maintain all full-time, intermittent, and student job descriptions.
- Make necessary changes and route for approval.
- Ensure compliance with ASI job description standards.
- Provide job descriptions to appropriate parties upon request.
- Oversee student orientation process.
- Maintain adequate orientation supplies including name badges and uniform shirts.
- Conduct full-time staff orientations in conjunction with the Assistant Coordinator Human Resources.
Training and Development
- Assist with employee training and development programs.
- Develop learning paths based upon position requirements.
- Ensure implementation of the safety training matrix as defined by the ASI Safety Committee.
- Create interactive computer-based training modules.
- Maintain Learning Management System (LMS).
- Assign training modules for new hires, job changes, and annual required training.
- Track training completion and provide updates to managers.
- Develop and execute assessment of programs and/or services for areas of responsibility including, but not limited to, setting and implementing goals, evaluating outcomes, and ongoing enhancement.
- Participate in the overall ASI assessment planning and goal setting.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Recommend and support practices intended to eliminate racial, gender, or any other form of bias in processes, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrate awareness of ones own biases, comfort levels, and various aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
- Demonstrate effort to understand each persons individual and collective role in creating inclusive environments.
- Commit to continuous learning/improvement in DEI and cultural competence.
- Work with director to review departments policies, procedures, & practices related to DEI and participate in addressing barriers identified.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent ASI on committees as appropriate.
- Attend and participate in meetings as necessary.
- Ensure continuous professional development.
- The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in ASI policy as a condition of their employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is subject to a background check (including criminal records) as well as National Address Locater (Social Security Number [SSN] Trace), 7 year County Criminal Search in each county and/or state the applicant lived in based on the SSN Trace, National Criminal Database Search, Name Search, Employment Verification (All employers in past 7 years) and Education Verification (Highest Degree). Credit Reports, Motor Vehicle Record Check and Profess
- Hourly Rate: $27.70
- Premium Overtime: Yes
- Shift Differential: Yes
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Social Security (FICA)
- Paid State Holidays
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave
- Personal Holiday
- Birthday Holiday
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Unemployment Insurance
Date of Last Equity Review: 01/01/2022
Date revised: 08/12/2022