Ohio Christian University is looking for an Adjunct/Affiliate Professor to teach history courses on our campus in Circleville, Ohio for the School of Arts and Sciences.
Salary ranges from $1,500.00 to $25,000.00
Reports to Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences
Internal OCU Relationships include administrators, faculty, staff, support personnel
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a course load as determined by the Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences.
- Curriculum Support
- Regular review of curriculum in the area of literature.
- Research & recommend resources
- Faculty Services
- Assist Dean with faculty concerns within the applicable discipline area
- Assist Dean with student complaints and concerns within discipline area
- Assist the Dean with program level responsibilities for the faculty member’s discipline area (Affiliate only).
- Student support
According to Ohio Christian University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the OCU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Doctorate preferred (Master’s degree minimum) in History or related field.
- Preferred experience teaching History, especially in higher education.
- Familiarity with current research, publications, and pedagogy in the discipline.
- Curriculum development experience at the associate’s and/or bachelor’s levels.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent team-building and leadership skills.
- Capable communicator both in group settings and in individual meetings.
- Normal office work; no heavy lifting is required.
Limitations and Disclaimer
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Ohio Christian University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Ohio Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer