Terraphase Engineering is seeking an Associate Engineer in our Reno, NV. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the completion of engineering deliverables (design details, drawings, calculations, and reports) and management duties for various stormwater and civil design projects. The work will involve assessing the need for and preparing stormwater treatment evaluations and site civil design documents, municipal entitlements support as well as construction oversight/management services and project management. The successful candidate will have an established client base in their geographic region with a proven track record of leading design teams and providing high quality deliverables.
- Prepare/oversee high-quality technical civil engineering and stormwater design plans and documents.
- Design, evaluate, and implement stormwater management projects through collaboration with staff and other senior-level engineers and geologists.
- Develop engineering drawings and technical specifications for stormwater and civil construction projects to ensure adherence to established standards.
- Manage/coordinate municipal permitting/entitlements process and support coordination with resource agencies to address permitting requirements associated with proposed site improvements.
- Work with senior level engineers and geologists to perform design evaluations and recommend alterations to designs to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Manage materials/services procurement and subcontracting.
- Manage tasks and projects with minimal input from senior technical staff.
- Mentor junior staff in engineering practices and support development and maintenance of internal standards.
- Assist team members in producing on-time, high-quality engineering deliverables.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Civil Engineering (or related degree) with 12+ years of experience, including AutoCAD Civil 3D skills, conducting engineering of civil infrastructure, stormwater, and site grading improvements. SWMM modeling and other hydraulic/water quality modeling experience preferred.
- California Professional Engineering license in good standing.
- Ability to provide an outstanding work product with strong attention to detail, schedule, and budget.
- Experienced with local environmental regulators, vendors, and geography.
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills.
- Ability to review large quantity of historical site documentation and identify relevant information for design considerations.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, dependable, and responsive.
- Strong collaboration skills with colleagues of all experience levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both with colleagues and clients.
- Familiar with commonly used environmental consulting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Construction oversight experience..
Additional Preferred Skills
- Previous experience in design and implementation of remediation systems (SVE, air sparge, in-situ enhanced bioremediation, or in-situ chemical oxidation, etc.) and grading/excavation plans.