Basic Job Function: To ensure the preparation of all dessert, pastry, confection and bakery items according to hotel standards for quality, freshness and cleanliness. To plan, organize and supervise all aspects of food preparation in the pastry shop.
· Prepare pastry shop items in accordance with hotel standards. Responsible for planning and developing new dessert or bakery menu items
- Prepares and approves requisitions and verifies delivery of all pastry shop food items. Reviews and revises existing menus as needed
· Hires, trains, supervises, evaluates and schedules all pastry shop staff. Initiates employee development as well as reviews and approves annual performance appraisals for all subordinate staff to ensure the highest level of professional competence and efficient continuity within those positions
· Enforces established guidelines, policies, and union contract of the hotel and performs disciplinary action as necessary.
· Monitors business forecast and ensures staffing requirements are met while maintaining payroll control and overall financial success of the pastry shop. Maintains records, files and forms on all payroll related information for union colleagues as well as update Timesaver to ensure accurate payroll processing.
· Communicates daily and attends any pertinent meetings with food & beverage outlets, food, food & beverage administration or other departments
· Analyzes and monitors budget reports to maintain proper food and labor costs, makes budgetary and long term development proposals
· Communicates with local produce distributors to ensure proper delivery and to take advantage of unusual or seasonal products
- Ensures the operational safety and cleanliness of all kitchen working areas and equipment
- Researches, develops and recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
? Explore new sources of business by developing new contacts.
- Seek and contact new potential Japanese accounts through direct inquiries, sales leads, sales blitzes and trade shows.
- Monitor the Japanese business booking trend and maximize both average rate and occupancy.
- Monitor competitors’ performance relating to the Japanese market segments.
- Together with the Director of Sales & Marketing coordinate travel functions, i.e. annual parties, seasonal gifts, General Manager’s luncheon, etc.
- Supervise sales managers and sales executives regarding any special negotiations and contract agreements.
- Conduct site inspections for the existing or prospective travel influencers, decision makers and end users.
- Participate in familiarization group entertainment as and when required.
- Entertain executives and secretaries of potential travel companies and in-house guests to ensure future business for the hotel.
Sales & Marketing/Sr Sales Manager-Japanese
- Participate in overseas sales trips and when required, complete all sales reports within one week of the trip.
- Monitor own travel Japanese account monthly production and attend Monthly Japanese account review meetings.
- Update all Fidelio/Delphi Sales and Catering account profiles and contact profiles after every call to maintain a proper an accurate profile of all Japanese accounts.
- Attend the daily sales briefings, weekly sales meetings and bi-weekly business development meetings.
- Prepare weekly sales call reports.
- Promote seasonal packages and any promotion to major supporters.
- Participate in any projects as and when assigned by the department head.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requiredassigned by the Department Head
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the Security Department.
- Provides instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
- Responds to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as requested when working in public areas.
- Represents the hotel at various functions and trade shows.
Participates and networks through key organizations as recommended by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
- Participates in any food related promotions and activities.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma required.
- Completion of three (3) years program in culinary arts required
- Degree or diploma in Hospitality Management or Business Administration