The Management Trust
Position Title: Community Association Manager
Location: Aurora, CO
Reporting To: Division Senior Operations Manager
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 DOE
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients' needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The Community Association Manager (CAM) is responsible for the management and support of community associations (primarily HOAs), including, but not limited to: daily operations, regular interaction with and support of Board of Directors members/homeowners/vendors, meeting attendance, budget preparation, and overall community business management.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a portfolio of communities that includes homes, townhomes, and/or condominiums
- Guide, assist, and recommend a course of action for Board members to conduct business using Leadership Management (proactive planning)
- Provide management services in compliance with the terms of the management contract
- Assist Board and homeowners with problem resolution
- Provide fiscal management, including, but not limited to: reviewing and approving invoices, coordinating tax preparation and reserve study updates, and reviewing completed financial statements for accuracy prior to distributing to the Board each month
- Conduct site reviews and provide oversight of related compliance matters
- Review and submit requests for vendor bids and contracted services
- Attend association meetings, including, but not limited to: annual, turnover, and Board
- Prepare Board packets, agendas, and calendars in preparation for scheduled and unscheduled meetings
- Communicate in-person, via telephone, and/or email to Board members, homeowners, and vendors regarding community business in a timely manner
- Maintain current knowledge of governing documents, applicable state statutes, and local ordinances that apply to each assigned community
- Oversee all aspects of the client's relationship with our Company to ensure success and retention
- Work independently, with little oversight, and with accountability to Division Leadership for the end result achieved
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and ownership mentality; we believe each employee can build his/her own future
- Share after-hours emergency phone duties (as directed by your supervisor; for CAMs and above)
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma (or equivalent); Associate's Degree preferred
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Strong leadership abilities and comfort with public speaking (small and large groups)
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and address time-sensitive issues
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to provide high-level customer service with astute attention to detail and organization
- Must be a team player
- Ability to manage workflow amid shifting priorities
- Willing to learn Company process and procedures, and learn/use proprietary software
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all staff and guests at all times
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, vehicle insurance, and driving record in compliance with Company policy (including reliable transportation to conduct site visits)
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
- Travel to and from offsite locations
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.
Community Association Manager (CAM)
In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the CAM designation is a mid and senior-level opportunity for an employee to independently manage a full portfolio - which will vary in hour commitment and complexity due to location and business need. As a CAM, this individual actively establishes and grows both industry knowledge and a professional network. The position is required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
The state-specific designation must be earned within (2) years of becoming a CAM (i.e. CCAM for California). More challenging and/or high-impact portfolios will be assigned as skills progress, and the CAM must perform all job duties with confidence and in alignment with the Company's Cultural Compasses. A CAM can stay in this position indefinitely, and there is no obligation to become a Senior Community Association Manager (SCAM). That being said, we highly encourage both personal and professional growth at The Trust.