Elwha River Casino
Job Title: EGD/Slot Attendant Department: EGD
Reports to: EGD Manager Pay Range: $16.00
Av Hrs/ Wk: 20-30 FLSA Status: Part time/Non-Exempt*
Prepared by: Pat Owens, EGD Manager Date Prepared: 4/12/21
Approved by: Director of Service/HR Date Approved:
Entry Level: Y_x__N___ * w/expectation of change to Full Time in late 2023
Summary of Functions:
An EGD Attendant is to serve and provide a comfortable atmosphere for customers, as well as assisting customers with questions and concerns. Ensures the machines are working properly.
This position is under the supervision of the EGD Manager and, in manager's absence, EGD Supervisor as delegated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide positive guest service
• Replace EGD machines low printer paper when needed
• Repair EGD machines ticket acceptor and ticket printer jam
• Responsible for notifying Slot Manager/Supervisor of non functioning machines
• Responsible for correctly logging and signing the Machine Entry Activity log (MEAL)
• Attendants are NOT authorized to cash out tickets except jackpots
• Responsible to provide efficient services in a clean and friendly environment for casino guests
• Authorized to run change for guests
• Responsibility of signing out necessary keys for machine maintenance.
• Access the sensitive areas of the slot machine insides (mechanical/electronic workings).
• Comply with Tribal, State, Federal, and NIGC regulations.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of Slot Machine equipment and data.
• Assists the supervisor in: 1. Access PT's 2. Completing paperwork
a. Reload Tickets a. Jackpot paperwork
b. Ticket jams
c. Recalibrate screen
• Perform work as directed by the EGD Manager
• Must be 18 years old
• Must have High school diploma or GED
• Knowledge in written and oral communication
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to handle stress, remain calm and courteous and handle a wide variety of clientele.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with department head and employees.
• Skills in identifying and resolving equipment problems inside and outside the slot machines.
• Must be dependable
• Ability to pass pre-employment background check prior to employment
• Ability to pass pre-employment UA testing prior to employment
• Ability to obtain a Gaming License prior to employment
• Good guest skills
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations:
• Maintain requirements for Class A gaming license from the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribal Gaming Agency.
• Washington State Driver's License or identification card.
• Requires frequent standing, repetitive wrist and hand movements, bending, reaching and lifting up to 30 lbs.
• Requires occasional kneeling and/or squatting
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Requires availability to work weekends and evenings
Local travel is occasionally required. Travel outside of the state is infrequently required. Typical travel time is generally less than a week.