DAVACO is a leading turn-key solution provider with more than 30 years of experience supporting the world's leading brands with the development, transformation, and maintenance of their physical sites throughout North America. In collaboration with a diversified base of clients, DAVACO delivers scale, speed, and high-quality solutions that solve tomorrow's challenges today.
The ideal Marketing Manager will be both a creative and tactical marketer, responsible (in partnership with the VP of Marketing) for planning and executing marketing campaigns, copy, and creative for both internal and external initiatives. This role will focus on developing compelling, insight-based marketing campaigns, managing campaign execution, analyzing performance, and identifying improvements to both content and the company website that will contribute to best practices and increased prospect engagement. The Marketing Manager will collaborate closely with cross functional teams to create and optimize marketing efforts that achieve both marketing and business objectives.
- Management and creation of content for social media, email channel growth, lead generation, internal and external marketing initiatives, and oversight of company website for the purpose of better brand awareness, engagement, and revenue.
- Works in partnership with VP of Marketing to develop, implement, and execute the strategic marketing plan
- Clearly and powerfully communicates the mission, vision, core values and brand standards
- Ideates and creates the design, development, generation and distribution of all marketing and communications content, products, services, and collateral, in both traditional and digital platforms.
- Manages and executes email and social media marketing calendar, ensuring consistent pattern and number of emails and posts through various channels
- Monitors social media accounts and website comments/inquiries and manages responding
- Responsible for writing, editing, and updating content on social media platforms
- Administration and content management of the company website
- Oversees corporate HubSpot account management
- Maintains pulse on industry trends and best practices, technologies, competitive landscape, etc. and apply those findings to the organization and marketing campaigns while maintaining brand integrity
- Produces monthly reports that analyzes and details KPIs/metrics results to evaluate success of marketing strategy and content, lead generation, etc.
- Handles processing of all credit card receipts & invoices for any departmental purchases
- Assists VP of Marketing as needed; perform other job duties and projects as assigned
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with ability to think strategically, creatively, and analytically to solve problems
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Self-directed, capable of staying on track, keeping appropriate parties abreast of project status, and pursuing solutions without supervision
- Strong time and project management skills
- Ability to anticipate needs, innovate, and flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Competent and willing partner to other internal teams, partners, and external vendors
- Working knowledge of email campaigns and best practices and deliverability as well as analysis
- Superior written communication skills: ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive copy, including strong editing skills
- Exemplary computer and design skills: in Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and HubSpot. Some proficiency in HTML ideal but not required
- Current knowledge of key areas of marketing - SEO, social media, content marketing, email marketing, inbound marketing
- Knowledge of video and picture editing software
Preferred Education & Experience
- 3-5 Years Marketing Management Experience
- Degree in Marketing, Visual Communications, Graphic Design or Similar or relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- Candidate may be based in Dallas Fort Worth area or another remote location ideally on Central or Eastern Time zones
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Talk on phone for extended periods of time
- View information on a PC for extended periods of time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
DAVACO LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Supports a Diverse, Inclusive Work Environment
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident substance abuse testing. We also perform pre-employment background checks.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at HR@davaco.com and/or (214)-706-4018.