Are you a Remote Monitoring Support Specialist who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 80 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
The salary is $15.00-$17.00 per hour.
Sign-On Bonus: $800 SIGN-ON BONUS - $400 once training is completed. Additional $400 on three-month anniversary pay.
What You Will be Doing
The Remote Care Support Specialist (RCSS) monitors individuals under I Am Boundless, Inc. care using video, text messages, voice communications, and various high-tech sensors (wearables, smart home sensors, and health care sensors).
The role of the RCSS is to provide support for multiple sites from the Remote Support Center through the use of remote support technology while the clients live independently within their homes. The RCSS will be responsible for maintaining a safe and supportive environment for clients through remote support while ensuring that clients are treated with dignity and respect. The RCSS will support the interests, culture, and needs of the people we serve, and promote respectful interaction with all individuals.
The RCSS will work successfully within a team to support individuals through the use of remote support. The RCSS will provide remote support as defined in the Individual Care Plan. The RCSS will exemplify professional values, ethics, responsibility, and confidentiality.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop a rapport with residents and cultivate a safe and supportive relationship.
- Provide support and guidance for clients as outlined in their Individual Care Plan.
- Exercise sound judgment to ensure the safety and welfare of members. Notify the Remote Support Supervisor of any situation developing or occurring in the home which could have a negative impact on the home’s operation or client’s welfare and safety.
- Acknowledge and respond to all software notifications within appropriate timeframes, while prioritizing alert responses appropriately
- Respond to safety concerns alerted in the software platform and dispatch backup support as needed.
- Serve as an advocate for individuals receiving remote support by making recommendations to the appropriate supervisor/administrator, in areas where changes, updates, and modifications can improve the quality of services/supports the member receives.
- Respect each Client’s right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Understand and comply with licensing requirements, CMS requirements, Individual Care Plan requirements, and all applicable policies and procedures.
- Follow work schedule, demonstrate consistent attendance, adhere to core hours, and accurately record hours worked.
- Timely and accurate service documentation including but not limited to individual service records, billing service records, internal and external staff communications, and reportable events.
- Manage and report platform errors, malfunctions, and other technical issues per policy and procedural guidelines
- Manage agency funds by accurately recording expenditures as required.
- Conduct self in a professional, collaborative and positive manner at all times. Develop and maintain cooperative and collegial relationships with all staff while demonstrating a willingness to resolve conflicts quickly and completely.
- Operate as part of a team, maintaining a willingness to accept direction, constructive feedback, and information from the Supervisor and team.
- Maintain all required certifications for the RCSS position.
- Be able to pass a knowledge check on the client’s Individual Care Plans prior to providing remote support services.
- Attend and participate in all required staff meetings and training.
- Maintain a highly consistent and punctual employee work record, avoiding absenteeism and tardiness.
- Position Competencies (Knowledge/Skills/Abilities)
- Prior experience not required, but must have the desire to work with individuals with intellectual disabilities, including a willingness to learn and support individuals living with complex disabilities
- A willingness to implement positive behavior supports, implementing structured activities, collecting accurate treatment data and behavior data, and demonstrating effective communication with members, families, coworkers, and other professionals
- Prior experience with Assistive Technology or the use of Electronic Health Records is desirable. A willingness and demonstrated aptitude to use computers, smartphones, and tablets and focus attention on screens displaying the monitoring station software
- Ability to type 40 words per minute
- Ability to sit/stand at a workstation/desk for scheduled shifts
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Must have or gain through training the information technology skills to enter time and attendance, documentation of services, manage and complete training, and communicate with supervisor and co-workers.
- Solid working knowledge of standard computer applications including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience providing services to or working with individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.