Walters Recycling & Refuse is currently hiring for an Operations Supervisor!
Apply today to join the Walters Team!
Location: Blaine, MN
Terms: Exempt: Full time, not eligible for overtime
Walters is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 75 diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) powered trucks and provide 100,000 services per week.
About the role:
The Operations Supervisor coordinates the activities of drivers to maximize productivity, while assisting in problem resolution, prompt and effective service to our employees, drivers, and customers. Primarily communicating with the drivers to assist them with problem resolution and routing concerns while they are on route. The Operations Supervisor will handle incoming service orders, direct drivers, and resolve service issues. Strong interaction and communication with internal and external customers, including customer service, sales, and operational staff. This position plays an instrumental role in the operation of our entire company.
- To perform this job successfully you must ensure all customers are serviced on their scheduled service day.
- Frequent interaction with Operations Management, administrative staff, and drivers.
- Take initiative and ownership of all routes and drivers, directing them as needed to achieve the best efficiencies throughout the day, working with Management as needed.
- Management of daily documentation from drivers, including processing and verifying (DVIR, dump tickets and route sheets) for accuracy.
- Use HRIS to manage time and attendance.
- Update, prepare, and upload/print/distribute the daily route schedule, including vacation coverage, as well as future needs based on upcoming workload.
- Fields incoming calls and e-mails from Customer Experience, and sales department; manages requests for pick-up or container delivery and ensure completion of scheduled service.
- Initiates outbound calls to customers while drivers are on-site/location, resolving pick-up and other issues as necessary.
- Review, assign and manage to completion work orders as they are presented through the system.
- Troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and pick-up problems before they result in a service issue.
- Communicate and report daily breakdowns to the Maintenance Staff keep the drivers on route.
- Provide assistance in resolving service, safety, and operational concerns.
- Assist or serve as backup for other lines of business throughout the day including Scale Attendant duties at the Transfer Station.
- Work closely with drivers, taking ownership of the routes and all issues that arise on a daily basis.
- Serve as the liaison between the drivers and the customer(s), both external and internal.
- Schedule and complete daily routes efficiently while still ensuring outstanding and timely customer service.
- Communicate and assign changes throughout the day to drivers.
- Help Identify problems/issues in all lines of businesses and assist Operations Management in resolving such issues.
- Develop a schedule to ensure full or partially full boxes at the Recycling Center are emptied in a timely manner avoiding any overflow.
- Managing KPI with Commercial and Roll-Off Operations Managers on a weekly basis.
- Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary as needed.
- HS Diploma/GED, undergraduate degree preferred
- College degree and or 5+ years of relevant experience in customer service or operations, waste industry experience preferred.
- Computer proficient – MS Office, Routeware, and other software
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- State-of-the-art onboard routing software, industry-leading safety training, driver recognition program, uniforms, and boot allowance.
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- EAP-Employee Assistance Program
- Employer HSA Contributions
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- 401K with Employer Match
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays.
- Free Trash Pickup if within the service area
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.