Starting Pay: $21.1854 Hourly ($44,066)
After 1st Year: $22.9482 Hourly ($47,732)
After 2nd Year: $24.7109 Hourly ($51,399)
After 3rd Year: $28.0340 Hourly ($58,311)
After 4th Year: $28.8913 Hourly ($60,094)
High school graduation or equivalent AND four (4) years of skilled commercial/industrial building maintenance experience including electrical, HVAC, plumbing AND EPA certification Type I & II (refrigeration).
Completion of two (2) years of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic Trainee AND EPA certification Type I & II (refrigeration).
• Must have a valid Michigan driver’s license.
• Must have the ability to pass a Fit Test for PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
• Successful completion of “16 hour Asbestos Operations & Maintenance Training” within six (6) months of hire date and maintain certification annually.
May be required to work on buildings and equipment containing ACM’s (Asbestos Containing Material) on maintenance related issues.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs a wide variety of building maintenance tasks; works under general supervision; performs related duties as required.
STATEMENT OF TASKS:
- Repairs office furniture and other office equipment;
- Constructs buildings and performs concrete and masonry work;
- Performs rough and finish carpentry and painting on County facilities and equipment;
- Services, repairs and installs HVACR systems including inspection and rebuilding boilers;
- Services, repairs and installs plumbing;
- Services, repairs and installs mechanical equipment;
- Services, repairs and installs electrical systems;
- Monitors computerized temperature control systems.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of power and hand tools used in building and equipment maintenance;
- Good knowledge of the carpentry, painting, plumbing, HVACR and electrical trades;
- Ability to operate power equipment safely and effectively;
- Ability to use tools safely and effectively;
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions;
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Ability to utilize a computer for areas such as but not limited to work orders, temperature control systems, communications, etc.;
- Ability to handle pesticides safely;
- Ability to attend work regularly and work under stressful conditions.