We are looking for a dental insurance coordinator to be responsible for working with insurance companies to verify patients’ benefits, as well as calculating and collecting outstanding payments from patients. Candidates should be proficient in using the dental practice management software to update each patient’s file, run and monitor weekly and monthly reports to verify insurance payments received, and upload completed insurance forms into patients’ electronic files.
Guardian Dentistry Partners’ (GDP) mission is to support our partner dentist entrepreneurs and teams in building the practices of their dreams. While Guardian brings together passionate, purpose-driven, like-minded dental entrepreneurs who share similar values, each of our partners are very different, and it’s those very differences that make us stronger in positively impacting the lives of everyone we serve across our network of practices.
Our local partnerships offer the chance to work with Partners and team members dedicated to their communities and their teams. As a member of the Guardian team, you will pursue regional business objectives with our Operations team and be a key contributor to the success of your region and of the entire GDP network.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
To be successful as a dental insurance coordinator, you should work closely with patients, explain their benefits to them, communicate any insurance concerns, and manage any insurance disputes. An outstanding dental insurance coordinator should achieve excellent customer service and share a professional relationship with insurance companies to ensure success in balancing patient benefits with insurance payments.
- Verifying the patient’s health insurance benefits.
- Explaining insurance benefits to patients.
- Entering data using dental practice management software.
- Generating reports for all activities.
- Posting payments made by patients.
- Following up on non-paid insurance claims.
- Managing late payments and overdue accounts.
- Processing insurance payments and refunds.
- Uploading completed insurance verification forms.
- Monitoring weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to confirm payment from clients and insurance companies.
- High school degree, GED or related.
- Minimum of 2 years in a dentist office environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with data entry.
- Experience in dental practice management software.
- Microsoft Office experience (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of dental procedures and insurance billing codes.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Guaranteed Hourly Rate
- Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
- 401k Program: with matching contributions
- Benefits: (offered at 30 hours or more)
- Competitive health, dental, and vision plan
- Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
Guardian Dentistry is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability status or other legally protected status. Guardian Dentistry will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship