Russell is a professional services firm providing construction and development services across the Midwest. Since its inception in 1983, Russell's culture promotes a collaborative work environment that strives to exceed our clients' expectations and provide life-time career opportunities for our professionals.
Headquartered in Davenport, Iowa, with offices in St. Louis, Missouri and Olathe, KS, Russell has delivered more than $1 billion in projects across 32 states. We remain a market leader in our core markets, including new construction and complex additions and renovations.
At Russell, we are creating more than a project - we are building great people, relationships, and community.
Life at Russell
The number one response we receive when we ask our team members what they like about Russell is the culture. Russell team members describe working here as being more flexible than any place they've ever worked. They feel supported and support each other. They have fun. They are empowered to get their work done how they see fit. And most of all, they know they can continue their careers here because of the rich development tools available to them. Life at Russell is full of opportunities.
How You'll Contribute
As Project Accountant you will help us reach our strategic growth goals by supporting the project team with important project requirements.
- Prepare customer payment application packages containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Project Manager.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers and Project Executives, regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing and job-cost monitoring.
- Maintain up-to-date project cost information, in concert with the project team.
- Review owner contracts to ensure all terms and conditions.
- Review, enter and maintain subcontract agreements and change orders.
- Actively lead the billing process including regular cash flow maintenance.
- Enter and reconcile construction estimates and job cost.
- Review and track waivers, affidavits, and collections in the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents.
- Enter, review and process expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Various general accounting tasks, i.e. review A/R and follow up on client delinquencies and reports to management the same, select invoices for payment, meet with Project Managers to reviews OCO's and CO's are issued and executed.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements.
Educational and experience requirements include: 4-year Business/Accounting degree or equivalent commercial construction accounting experience. One to five years of billing and receivables, construction experience desired. Self-motivated with the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion. Procore and Sage 300 experience preferred. Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook; proven Excel skills.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying for employment at Russell please contact us at (563) 459-4600 or HR@russellco.com. This contact is for accommodation request only and can’t be used to inquire about status of an application.