Are you an experienced Clinic Case Manager who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the Central I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 232 hours paid time off a year
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
What You Will be Doing
Primary job responsibilities involve service linkage and case management to assist individuals in addressing their behavioral health needs and tracking relevant health outcomes. This Case Management position is based in the Boundless Health, Inc. clinic, and is both clinic/office based and community-based, providing community support, case management, and service linkage both within Boundless and with outside providers that identify and address behavioral health needs, developmental issues, and barriers to care. Case Managers will work with individuals, parents/guardians, Boundless staff, and outside providers that support treatment and contribute meaningfully to the whole health outcome of the individual served.
- High School and GED required.
- Experience working with people with mental health conditions
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine required
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, education, psychology, or another related field OR at least three years working in the human services field.
- Two years of experience in a case management or care coordination role.
- Experience working with people with autism spectrum disorders and developmental disabilities.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles - No more than 5 points on driving record.
- Valid car insurance.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.