Summary of Position - Serves as primary clinician and fulfills the objectives of the Korean American Outreach Services (KAOS) program. Provides all needed support services to all enrolled consumers based upon their stated goals and desires in WRAP and Recovery Plans. Assures program goals and objectives are accomplished.
Looking for a Clinician for the KAOS program
Provide outpatient therapeutic sessions to children and adolescents and their families to increase family stabilization, maintains accurate and timely records for each case and assures departmental goals or objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame by performing the job responsibilities personally.
- Assess and evaluate clients at intake and/or admission, during ongoing treatment and/or service delivery, and at discharge and/or transfer
- Formulates psychosocial treatment plans, with relevant goals, behaviorally measurable objectives that serve as indexes for evaluating treatment progress, and realistic time frames for achievement
- Provides services and supportive interventions, including case management, linkage to community resources, and provides inter-agency coordination of treatment
- Responds to clients for crisis intervention
- Engages in inter-organizational care coordination
- Documents services (i.e. assessments, treatment plans, progress reports, and discharge summaries) in clinical record on a timely basis with all entries authenticated and time/dated
- Plans for, communicates, and documents discharge/aftercare/transfer plans for clients completing treatment and/or accessing other services in the continuum
- Functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team in the assessment and/or evaluation of clients, articulates in written documentation the integration of client history and assessment information and actively participates in program and clinical team meetings, provides support for team colleagues, and engages in program-related performance improvement processes and activities
- Master’s degree in social work or other behavioral health discipline
- At least three 3 years work experience with children and adolescent population.
- Must have strong clinical skill set to complete comprehensive assessments and coordinate and follow through with clinical care recommendations made by the program clinician.
- Must have ability to respond to clients for crisis intervention.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and must be insurable under Agency’s automobile insurance policy
- Must have a professional (i.e. LCSW, LMFT, LPC) license to practice social work/counseling
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, consumers, and the general public. Ability to speak Korean fluently is required.
Two (2) years experience working within a health care or behavioral health setting
A valid driver's license and must be insurable by agency's automobile insurance
Health, Dental and Vision
Life and Disability insurance
Generous Paid Time Off
Competitive Hourly Wages / $45,000.00 based on the qualification
Premium Holiday Compensation
401k Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Loan Forgiveness
Employee Discount and Rewards Program
Equal Opportunity Employer:
CPNJ embraces a culture of diversity and inclusion in all of it policies and procedures. Care Plus adheres to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, et seq and NJ Law Against Discrimination.
Care Plus NJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has clarified that asking employees whether they have received the COVID-19 vaccine is not a disability-related inquiry under the ADA.
Care Plus as a healthcare provider mandates that all new hires have the COVID vaccination prior to the start date of employment. Requiring all employees to have the COVID vaccination is for the protection of our employees and the clients we serve. Therefore, prior to Orientation you will be required to upload proof of your COVID vaccination or at the very least, proof of your first vaccine shot. Failure to have this information timely upload to the onboarding portal may result in delay of your start date and/or withdrawal of the job offer.