The Management Trust
Position Title: Community Support Specialist (CSS)
Location: Indio Springs RV Resort, Indio CA
Reporting To: General Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time-Time 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The Community Support Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and quality administrative support in a fast-paced and high-volume environment. This key position interacts directly with every caller and supports both internal and external clients. This individual is often the first voice and first face of The Management Trust, and therefore critical to the overall success of the office. The primary focus at all times is delivering a consistent, quality experience to everyone who comes in contact with reception as well as performing special projects/research as necessary.
Indio Springs RV Resort is a 55+, seasonal community with active members who are volunteer minded and service oriented to keep their retirement home a fun & healthy place to be. Amenities include two clubhouses, two pools and a spa, a putting green, volleyball court, pickleball and shuffleboard. This community has multiple social committees and members which are actively involved in community events. It is expected that the CSS assist the General Manager in carrying out some management operations, engage with the on-site staff in a meaningful way in order to fulfill the service expectation the residents want and deserve and continue to enhance the relationship between the Community and the HOA.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer incoming phone calls quickly, warmly, and professionally
- Check voicemails and emails throughout the day and route/respond correctly, partner with GM to return calls on their behalf
- Respond to phone inquiries using information/guidance from association manuals, CC&Rs, Rules & Regulations, and other administrative documents
- Process daily incoming mail, prepare for distribution, and post outgoing mail
- Monitor copy/fax/supply station daily; this includes filling all copiers with paper, making sure forms are available in designated locations, and that all relevant supplies are on-hand (i.e. pens, paper clips, staples, etc.)
- Monitor the postage machine/supplies, fund balance, and either service when needed (i.e. if the machine is out of ink) or coordinate appropriate vendor support
- Maintain a clean and well-organized office area, alert the General Manager to any issues related to office operation
- In coordination with GM, setup and maintain association information (Call-To-Action text, CC&R text, homeowner information, etc.) via the Company’s proprietary software program
- Prepare newsletters, e-blasts, compliance letters, memos, forms, and reports for homeowners, Board members, and vendors
- Provide administrative support for all association related meetings including agenda and board packet preparation.
- Assist GM with meeting follow-up action items, including compliance letters, contacting vendors, and other typical management tasks
- Manage work order processes, including entry, follow-up, and closing work order tickets and communication of same to relevant parties
- Oversee basic emergency vendor needs (i.e. contacting a plumber for an emergency association need)
- Receive and prepare Aesthetics application for evaluation by the Aesthetics Committee
- Process approval/denial of ARC applications, send to homeowners, and file accordingly
- Program gates, remotes, and other access devices (transponders)
- Assist with special projects for association needs, including research and custom administrative work; this may include participating in occasional site inspections
- Maintain new homeowners list and our tracking system; send New Homeowner information to Welcome Committee
- Prepare notices, newsletters, flyers, and other documents for internal and external needs as needed
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma (or equivalent); Associate’s Degree preferred
- Prior HOA experience preferred
- Proficiency in administrative support – generally between 1-4 years, depending on the position level
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word; intermediate skills a plus
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and address time-sensitive issues
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to provide high-level customer service with astute attention to detail and organization
- Must be a team player
- Ability to manage workflow amid shifting priorities
- Willing to learn Company process and procedures, and learn/use proprietary software
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all internal and external customers at all times
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and driving record in compliance with Company policy
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
- Travel to and from offsite locations
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am- 4:30 pm
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.