The Nursery Administrative Assistant provides wide-ranging support for the Nursery Manager and Assistant Manager and other staff as directed. The incumbent is highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to manage multiple assignments and relationships to ensure the smooth functioning of all Casey Tree Farm’s (CTF) operations.
The Nursery Administrative Assistant performs a variety of essential functions including, but not limited to:
- Accounts receivable/payable processing
- Verifies inventory management data is accurate and concise
- Tracks the lifecycles, labeling, maintenance, repair, rotation and ordering of assets/chemicals/equipment
- Manages supply tracking/purchasing of tools, safety equipment, fuel, and office supplies
- Performs safety inspections/audits of fire extinguishers, first aid kits, and smoke detectors, etc.
- Documents/schedules nursery production and farm maintenance activities
- Assists Crew with timecard entry and paid leave entry for payroll
- Facilitates and assists in training initiatives/safety procedures
- Assists in tree sales by creating and strengthening relationships, distributing marketing materials, securing purchase agreements, coordinating with the home office, etc.
- Coordinates dispatching to CT-DC and other locations to ensure efficient delivery of trees, including but not limited to, truck scheduling, preparing shipping documents, and managing vendor payments
- Coordinates the work/visits of partners, contractors, lessors, donors, tenants, occupants, etc.
- Oversees house/facility cleaning contracts; occasionally assists with light housekeeping duties
- The incumbent works in both office and outdoor settings
Farm equipment, tools, vehicles, supplies, etc.
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of what is encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms is required. The incumbent is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand on a stool, etc. Vision requirements include close-up, distance, peripheral, color, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time nonexempt position, 40 hours per week. The incumbent must be able and willing to work evenings, weekends, and extended hours when needed.
Hourly wage ranges from $26- $30 per hour plus overtime. Excellent benefits including employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance. Grauduated match 403(b), paid holidays, and paid time off.
Local travel for various purposes may be required during the business day. Occasional travel out of the area for training/seminars/events, etc., requiring overnight stay may be expected.
Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and experience/ability to safely drive work vehicles including a pickup truck, trailer, and ATV’s
Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills
Ability to learn new software programs
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Thoughtful, organized, highly collaborative with great attention to detail
Demonstrated success working in a team environment; both internally and externally
Experience formulating and adhering to budgets
Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously
Must be able to establish, track, and meet deadlines, often under pressure
Associates degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Two or more years administrative work in the horticulture/nursery/landscaping or related industry