RETENTION BONUS at 30 and 90 DAYS $250
This position is responsible for maintaining a high quality supply of raw materials to the various departments in a timely and efficient manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all processes in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Communicates any occurrences to team leader or supervisor immediately
- Responsible for keeping areas neat and clean. Adhere to the cleaning schedule in order to maintain a clean, safe, and bio-secure work environment.
- Maintains accurate and timely records
- Keeps all incubators, flats and carts cleaned
- Responsible for general preventative maintenance at incubation building
- Assist with opening and separating egg boxes
- Assist with racking and candling of eggs
- Assist with the delivery of eggs
- Learn all responsibilities that pertain to the processing of the raw materials (receive, rack, set, candle, and deliver)
- Unload egg truck weekly using a pallet jack.
- Learn how to operate the ACI Incubators and alarm system.
- Promote and follow all safety procedures and guidelines.
- Complete all GMP paperwork in required amount of time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Will also work in sterilization team focusing on warehousing and managing waste flows to ensure lab floors are clean and stocked
**May not own or have contact with other birds or poultry.**
Avian Biosecurity Policy – This applies to all temporary workers.
It is the responsibility of all employees to take necessary steps to avoid contact with the avian species in general. This includes, but is not limited to, commercial poultry, yard chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, wild birds and pet birds.
Should contact occur, precautions must be taken prior to entering a critical building or location:
Anyone coming into contact with the avian species should not enter into a critical building or location for 72 hours unless they have showered, changed clothes and shoes.
This is a Specific Pathogen-Free (SPF) farm. Bio-security is higher than any other entity at Boehringer Ingelheim in that the birds have no antibiotics or vaccinations to protect them. Contact with avian species is absolutely forbidden, showers onto the property and house are absolutely necessary. Any incidental contact with an avian species requires a 72 hour lapse from the time contact occurred and entry onto the farm. Formaldehyde is a dangerous substance and can cause cancer, so following safety practices to avoid contact with it is critical. Review the SOP’s for Health, Safely, Environmental practices.
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 3 AM to 11AM
Tuesday 3 AM to 1PM
Off Friday and Saturday
Sunday 6:30 AM to 11AM