Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as a Zoomazium Instructor. We have two, part-time, temporary, non benefitted positions open.
This position is responsible for the presentation of programs, experiences, and activities for families and guests visiting Zoomazium.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Facilitate and present engaging age appropriate curriculum for early childhood audiences and their families.
- Facilitate day-to-day operations for Zoomazium including opening procedures, closing procedures, and responding to incidents
- Provide feedback on curriculum, programs, and activities.
- Respond to the needs of guests throughout the day.
- Provide crowd control, group management, and basic customer service.
- Maintain an environment aimed at the safety and well-being of Zoomazium guests, following all safety protocols.
- Attend training sessions and scheduled meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One (1) or more years of combined education and experience in early childhood, natural science, or environmental education.
- Experience presenting thematically based interpretive programs or classes to audiences of all ages.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with high energy and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to adapt communication based on audience and purpose with inclusivity.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to present creative, mission-driven programming.
- Possess general knowledge of zoology, ecology, and conservation.
- Flexibility in dealing with program delivery and changes in deadlines and operation protocol.
- Ability to work independently as well as within diverse teams and environments, while treating everyone with respect.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams, and to complete online timesheets.
- Ability to listen patiently and attentively, ability to express self clearly and effectively, and ability to adapt communication based on audience and purpose with inclusivity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with audiences of different backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to employ best practices associated with position, with an approach to accuracy, while displaying an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality.
- Ability to work a non-standard/flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- First Aid and CPR certificates
- Ability to speak multiple languages.
- This position may be required to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud.
PAY: $20.00 per hour
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- As of November 24, 2021, employees working on or accessing zoo grounds are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination by your first day of employment.
- People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
- Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
APPLICATION DIRECTIONS: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Resume is required and a cover letter is preferred.
APPLICATION PRIORITY DATE: June 24, 2022
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.