The Wedding Manager at Edgewood Tahoe is responsible for all aspects and functions of the Wedding Department in accordance with Edgewood Tahoe standards. Reporting to the Director of Catering and Conference Services, the Wedding Sales Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations within the wedding department office including administration duties, reporting and all related billing. In addition, the Wedding Sales Manager is responsible for selling and contracting Luxury weddings in addition to other related wedding type events and coordination of all aspects of the event from beginning to end. The most important characteristic of our team is that we love inspiring lasting memories for our guests. In this position you exhibit excellence in your commitment to our guests. Reimagine luxury hospitality with us. The Wedding Sales Manager will also assist with the selling, contracting, and administration of social events as assigned.
- Promoting, Selling and Contracting Luxury Weddings, related wedding events and social catering events.
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure an exceptional guest experience
- Identify any up-sell opportunities that may enhance the event and the overall experience and present to client.
- Attend all required weekly and pop-up meetings as they relate to the Catering Department.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize weddings/events
- Attend events and proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Use your knowledge of the hotel’s offerings and the competitive landscape to secure catering business that meets or exceeds sales and revenue goals.
- Responding to all leads generated through emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Outline all details of catering events in the form of BEO’s and other reports to provide timely information to hotel departments regarding set-up, purchasing and scheduling needs.
- Capture the client’s vision and effectively convey the specifications to appropriate departments, rapidly responding to concerns, and issues, ensuring an exceptional client experience.
- Keep management informed of activities through regular reporting.
- Maintain accuracy of catering events information and forecasted revenue in Delphi FDC
- Constant communication to build strong relations with other hotel departments, employees, and outside agencies and vendors.
- Ensuring excellent guest service that exceeds expectations with a respect for quality and careful attention to service and details.
- When necessary, order rental equipment, linens and supplies for events ensuring they uphold any property policies and commission to hotel is made as it pertains to the event.
- Prior to and throughout the event inspect set-ups for cleanliness, organization, and agreement with client and company standards; rectify any deficiencies
- Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours, and promote facilities and services. Answers client inquires.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Supervise and attend the overall set up and implementation of events.
- Communicate with relevant departments to ensure proper servicing of accounts.
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly Catering/Sales reports as requested by Director of Catering.
- Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience and Qualifications (Required):
- Minimum four years of experience as an events planner, coordinator or organizer
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events)
- BS Degree in Event Management or Hospitality or Food and Beverage Management or related discipline desired
- Worked in a four or five diamond/star resort or hotel. Must have strong working knowledge of hotel operations and various departments; experience in the luxury hotel setting strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards.
- Knowledgeable in Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook, Delphi FDC, CVent, SocialTables.
- Strong interpersonal skills to assess client needs, negotiate pricing and provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Must always present a professional appearance and manner.
- Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time; must be able to lift up to 40 lbs occasionally
- Available to work varied shifts when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights
- Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Sets a positive example for guest relations
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
- Responds swiftly and handles guest matters
- Communicates all details of catering and conference events to operating departments and customers
- Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and team member satisfaction
- Empowers team members to provide excellent customer service
- Ensures team members understand expectations and parameters
- Strives to improve service performance
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement
- Create and foster departmental atmosphere for all event management operations to exceed guest expectations
- Consult with clients in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions
What Makes a Successful Edgewood Tahoe Team Member (Core Competencies):
Ethics, Integrity and Trust