The Management Trust
Position Title: Division Accounting Specialist
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Reporting To: Division Accounting Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients' needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
As our Division Accounting Specialist you are charged with two critical tasks - providing high-impact accounting support and ensuring consistently meticulous communications to our Boards, Homeowners, and fellow Employee Owners. You are passionate about helping others, problem-solving, and celebrating wins. You are able to connect the dots and see when things are headed down the right path, or when they need some course-correction. If you are an analytic thinker who loves providing guidance, building long-lasting relationships, and are comfortable being empowered to sometimes handle complex situations, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interface with internal personnel, homeowners, vendors, etc. in a professional manner while ensuring client/customer satisfaction with each interaction
- Process homeowner assessment delinquencies
- Research and resolve outstanding A/R matters
- Respond to homeowner calls and emails regarding payment status and similar inquiries
- Print and distribute homeowner statements as necessary
- Serve as point of contact for all Lockbox needs
- Forward accounts meeting the outlined requirements to attorney for collection
- Provide other support to HOA attorney(s) as requested
- Process write-offs per Board Of Directors and Division Leadership
- Analyze and ensure accuracy for multiple HOA financial statements
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Create Mgmt Fee & reimbursable expense billing invoices for each of our clients (260+)
- Gather information from CAM's and communicate with CPA's to prepare HOA tax returns/work with CPA's on suspended HOA's to get them revived.
- Minimum (1) year of Accounting or Bookkeeping experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and internet browsers
- Ability to quickly grasp new accounting software
- Knowledge of general ledgers and financial reporting
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines (critical)
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and proactive thinking
- Ability to communicate with professionalism and clarity
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the department/Company's objectives
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.
|We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate and support diversity.
The Management Trust reserves the right to modify any job description at any time based on business need.