The role of the SENIOR/PROJECT MANAGER is to lead the project and the Project Team (Other Project Managers, Site Construction Managers, Design Team, Estimating Team, Site Construction Engineers, Project Coordinators) by performing duties including safety, client interactions, daily project control, all project financials, cost control, document control, submittal management, RFI's, change order management, project coordination/scheduling, trade scope management, procurement delivery management, QA/QC control, and project reporting (Daily, Weekly, Monthly) . This position will be involved in all day to day operations and activities on a project. including working closely with the Project Team with daily face of work design/constructability, schedule & plan coordination and project budget control. The PM will be working with subcontractors/vendors/design team regarding work performance, schedule, cost control and daily activities.
Responsibility, Accountability and Authority for managing projects assigned.
Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers & other employees.
Leads all Pre-Construction Activities for assigned projects.
- Early involvement in Pre-Construction Services for potential projects.
- Work with Estimating Team to create effective scopes of work to solicit budget pricing from contractors when required.
- Lead meetings for project turnover with the Pre-Construction/Estimating.
- Conduct a Pre-Construction Meeting for all pertinent stakeholders.
- Work with Site Construction Manager to project guidelines for all stakeholders.
- Establish/confirm delivery dates for material/equipment purchased by Symbiont.
- Establish Preliminary Project Schedule & Milestones.
Reviews project plans to identify and create work scopes/bid packages for all work to be constructed.
Work with the Estimating Team to conduct detailed scope reviews (in person or via conference call) with potential subcontractors once bids are received and help make final determination on subcontractor selection.
On Design-Build or EPC Projects, communicate daily with the Leader of the Design Team to monitor the design schedule to be sure, Permit Submissions and Bid Package Milestone Dates for Subcontractors & Long Lead Equipment are on track so that the project start date, deliveries and mobilization of all vendors are not delayed.
Work with General Counsel and Vice President of Construction to review and finalize contract agreements with clients.
Lead Project Team with the preparation/presentation of Project Plans to Executive Team.
- Plan project with Project Team to address all issues.
- Understand the project plans and specifications.
- Understand project estimate and budget set-up.
- Understand the deliverables, contract terms and committed schedules.
- Understand trade subcontractor and supplier contract scopes.
Coordinate and remotely supervise all construction activities on multiple projects at the same time.
Make periodic site visits (may require travel by plane and at least one overnight stay) to the site to check on overall project status, safety, schedule, cleanliness, etc.
Manages project safety requirements including but not limited to:
- Promote job site safety, encourage safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Oversight on project safety in coordination with Site Construction Managers.
- Requests/Verifies all subcontractor site specific safety plans.
- Manages all OSHA requirements, inspections, and coordination.
- Ensures the team manages and maintains a clean and organized work site.
- Ensure all company employees, contractors, and visitors to the site adhere to the company safety policy.
Lead project team to ensure site logistics (i.e., trailers, equipment, project flow, etc.).
Ensures Site Construction Manager is completing project logs including daily/weekly logs, photo logs, delivery logs, daily safety audits, etc.
Establishes & Maintains Project Schedule.
- Work with Project Team to prepare a detailed project schedule. (P6 or MS Project)
- Monitor schedule updates in collaboration with Project Team & Subcontractors, Vendors, Suppliers and Clients.
- Oversight on 2/4/6 Week Look-Ahead Schedules weekly.
- Identify and resolve schedule conflicts to maintain project schedule.
Works with Project Team to be sure all project documents including reporting, contract drawings, specifications, shop drawings, and RFIs are up to date and being addressed.
- Coordinates with Procore Administrator and Project team on keeping plans up to date.
Manage and Lead in all Project Meetings as required
- Lead/manage weekly job progress meetings with Project Team, Owner, Contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Prepare and distribute all meeting correspondence
Leads the submittal process.
- Tracks and logs all project submittals with Project Team.
- Coordinates submittals between Subcontractors and Design Team as required.
- Ensure full compliance of contractual requirements of submittals and documents during construction.
Oversight on project QA/QC for the project to comply with plans and specifications
- Conduct at minimum a monthly quality control inspection on site. This will require a site visit and may require traveling for an overnight trip.
- Ensure all trades are correcting issues as they come up.
Project Financial Management
- Issue Subcontracts and Purchase Order to all Contractors, Vendors, and Suppliers.
- Prepare monthly billing statements with Accounting Department.
- Manage monthly cost reporting on the project in Procore, with Accounting and VP of Construction
- Profit/Loss Responsibility for the project.
Change Order management.
- Manages all project changes through a comprehensive change management system for each project with the Project Team.
- Coordinates all change management documentation, including drawings, Owner or Design Team directives, or any other notice.
Communicate Daily with the Project Site Construction Manager to discuss issues they are experiencing.
- Must have a 'how can I help you' attitude with these staff members.
- The Site Construction Managers are our front line in making the project successful!
Direct all Contractors/Vendors/Supplier/Field Trades to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to the project plans and specifications.
Work to resolve Subcontractor or Client disputes that arise throughout the project & prepare required backup to justify the claim.
Manage Testing/Field Service Reports and other documentation for projects as required.
Monitor Material and Equipment expediting.
- Approve all invoices and tracking.
Prepare & Maintains all documentation for the project from the office perceptive.
Lead the punchlist process with the Project Team
- Eliminate the need for Punchlist with our QA/QC process.
Manage the commissioning and startup process
- Prepare and schedule pre-startup meeting agenda.
- Assist Project Team with system start-up as required
Manage the Project closeout and substantial completion to facilitate preparation and execution of respective completion documents.
All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or another Engineering discipline with an emphasis on Project Management.
- 7-10 years of experience as General Contractor Project Manager or similar experience with a MEPF contractor.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and 'think on your feet.'
- High level of self-motivation and strong initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time, as well as the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Must have strong follow-up skills.
- Organized and good attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and make sound decisions.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, construction management software, Procore, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, project financials, other software.
- OSHA 10, OSHA 30, Other Safety Training
- Ability to Travel up to 25% if required on day or overnight trips