Symbiont Science, Engineering and Construction, Inc., is a multi-disciplined engineering, environmental, and design-build consulting and construction firm headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We offer rewarding career growth opportunities and are recognized as a Top Workplace award winner.
We are currently seeking an experienced Junior to Mid-Level Engineer with a focus in Chemical to join Symbiont's fast paced yet informal work environment.
The ideal candidates will have strong academic credentials, demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, as well as proven design experience. Job duties might include the following depending on your skillset:
- Chemical: alternatives review, sizing, layout, and specification of equipment and systems associated with industrial processes and water/wastewater systems, design of pumping and piping systems, evaluations and selection of process equipment, commissioning of start-up services, occasional field work to document existing facilities, construction cost estimating, equipment procurement, and construction-related engineering assignments.
Interested candidates must have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, or similar field
- 2 to 7 years of experience working in an Engineer role
- 3 or more years of experience in engineering consulting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with a high level of attention to detail
- Proven ability to 'think on your feet' with strategic problem-solving skills, and robust critical thinking and analytical skills
- The ability to work efficiently under high pressure circumstances to meet strict and changing deadlines
- Open availability to travel (up to 20%)
- Master's Degree in similar engineering fields preferred but not required
- PE License or ability to obtain PE License preferred but not required
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a Drug Free Workplace