1. This position includes working with individuals with individuals served, who serve as Customer Service Associates alongside an Operator II or Lead Operator. Appropriate supervision of these individuals is required. See Direct Care Addendum.
1. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers in a professional and polite manner.
2. Ability to work with individuals with a variety of skills and abilities.
3. Ability to comprehend work instructions, both verbal and visual. Ability to hear, see, and verbal English language skills.
4. Ability to read, write, and speak English.
5. Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
6. Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
7. Ability to understand and follow procedures, including but not limited to NAID, HIPAA, and OSHA compliance rules.
8. Ability to operate shredding equipment safely including container tilts, on/off switches, etc.
9. Knowledge of local transportation routes.
10. Advanced truck driving skills and ability to operate a motor vehicle; knowledge of defensive driving techniques and relevant transportation laws.
11. Knowledge of emergency procedures and how to identify hazardous road conditions.
12. Knowledge of methods of securing and covering loads, including use of locks and straps.
13. Ability to endure all common outside weather conditions and high noise levels.
14. Ability to tolerate stress. 15. Ability to conduct tasks and successfully perform under critical deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
3. One (1) year of truck driving experience.
4. One (1) year of verifiable work experience in document destruction, warehousing, production, or related field.
5. Current fork lift certification or ability to obtain within thirty (30) days of starting.
6. Candidate must be 21 years of age or older.
7. Complete any annual trainings and screenings required for NAID Certification, state and federal compliance, and other Opportunity Village requirements of employment.
Duties will be performed in the secure Media Management shredding room located at the Walters Campus and in the community, both indoors and outdoors. Ability to endure all common outside weather conditions is required. While performing the duties, the Operator II is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud. Exposure to paper particles and dust is common.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the role. The list below of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
1. Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting up to fifty (50) lbs.; pushing and pulling of containers up to 300 lbs.
2. Frequent bending, sitting, standing, pushing, lifting, and walking. Appropriate protective (closed-toed, rubber-soled) footwear required