We are looking for a dynamic, experienced Expanded Function Dental Assistant to join our fast-growing dental partnership network’s (“DPN”) Dental team.
Guardian Dentistry Partners’ (GDP) mission is to support our partner dentist entrepreneurs and teams in building the practices of their dreams. While Guardian brings together passionate, purpose-driven, like-minded dental entrepreneurs who share similar values, each of our partners are very different, and it’s those very differences that make us stronger in positively impacting the lives of everyone we serve across our network of practices.
Our local partnerships offer the chance to work with Partners and team members dedicated to their communities and their teams. As a member of the Guardian team, you will pursue regional business objectives with our Operations team and be a key contributor to the success of your region and of the entire GDP network.
Pay Scale: $23-$25 based on qualifications
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Preparing exam rooms, sterilizing instruments, and ensuring necessary equipment is ready for dentists
- Must work well with their hands, and have dexterity as they work in tight spaces on a small area of the body while using sharp tools and instruments
- Teeth cleaning procedures are a key part of an expanded functions dental assistant’s daily tasks. This involves polishing coronal surfaces to remove stains and applying fluoride treatments
- Assist with administrative functions like taking and updating patient dental histories and scheduling routine and follow-up appointments
- Knowledge of general anatomy of the mouth and dental terms
- Expanded functions dental assistants take impressions and bite molds so that the correct treatment can be prepared for patients
- Understanding of crowns, fillings, extractions, root canals and implants
- Assisting dentists during procedures by handing them instruments and anticipating needs
- Taking and processing X-rays of patients
- Perform lab tasks as instructed
- Greeting patients as they arrive and scheduling appointments
- Advising patients on recommended oral hygiene
- Maintaining accurate patient records and assist with payment procedures
- Strong communications skills required to deliver oral hygiene and post-operative care instructions
- Handling general administrative and other duties to maintain the dental clinic
- 1-2 years of Expanded Function Dental experience preferred
- State certification in EFDA, guidelines for obtaining this certification vary from state to state.
- Current radiology certification in their state
- Outstanding professionalism, high moral standards, and a self-motivated work ethic
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build trusting relationships with your co-workers and patients
- Driven personality to want to strive to be the best in your profession and provide the best care for our patients.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Guaranteed Hourly Rate ($23-$25 hourly)
- Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
- 401k Program: with matching contributions
- Benefits: (offered at 30 hours or more)
- Competitive health, dental, and vision plan
- Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedules
Guardian Dentistry is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability status or other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Expanded Functions Dental Assistants support dentists by preparing treatment rooms, ensuring equipment meets cleanliness standards, and liaising with patients. This job involves taking X-rays, cleaning teeth, and taking impressions and assisting the dentist with dental procedures. The ideal candidate for this position is an individual that has a high level of empathy, patience, quick thinking, and a willingness to want to help others. The Dental Assistant “assists” our Dentist during a variety of dental procedures.