Trump Winery is seeking an experienced heavy equipment operator to work in our vineyard with various agricultural equipment including but not limited to ATV, forklifts, and tractors.
Position Title: Equipment Operator (Vineyard Operations)
Location: Trump Winery - 20 Minutes south of downtown Charlottesville
Job Type: FT - 40+ hours a week, weekend availability during peak times required
Wage: $15-$18 per hour/DOE
- Operates agricultural equipment including implements, tractors, sprayers, ATV, forklifts, etc.
- Must be mechanically inclined, to help troubleshoot and ensure the safe operation and maintenance of vineyard equipment.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance as needed on equipment and maintain service records.
- Ability to take direction
- Understand and comply with any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ensure a continuous clean workplace
- Demonstrate a positive, can do attitude and communication skills that fit well within a team environment.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Manage priorities and workflow
- Keep track of PPE needs, i.e. gloves, dust masks, etc
- Additional duties may include various vineyard duties including but not limited to planting, pruning, canopy management, trellis installation and repair, and harvesting
- High School Graduate or G.E.D
- 3 or more years’ experience operating heavy equipment; farming and agricultural equipment preferred
- Forklift Certified, Pesticide and Work Place Safety Training Class
- Basic math skills required: counting, measuring, addition, and subtraction
- Required to read and comprehend instructions.
- Works on feet for eight hours a day. Ability to work long hours and/or seven days a week during critical times.
- Able to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 70 pounds. Frequently bends over, kneels, twists, reaches over head, climbs stairs, ladders, and walks varied surfaces (paved, incline, uneven, etc).
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) and Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of computing skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft 365)
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- 80% employer paid and 40% dependent paid medical premium with only a $1000 deductible
- 80% employer paid dental premium
- 80% employer paid vision premium
- Voluntary Life/AD&D
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- 401k after one year with up to 6% company match
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise, and hotels
- Monthly wine training opportunities
- Two paid team volunteer days per year
Interested Applicants can text 434-443-3068 with keyword "Vineyard" to schedule an interview.
Trump Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Winery participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).