Are you a Behavior Technician who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Paid training.
- Perfect attendance reward of $150 per month.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan.
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education.
- Paid BCBA Supervision for those seeking certification.
- Career growth opportunities.
Pay: $13.00-$17.50 an hour based on experience and credentials
At Boundless, you have the chance to gain clinical skills and earn more money at each phase. With every successful phase completion, it results in a pay increase of:
- Phase 1: $0.50
- Phase 2: $0.50
- Phase 3: $1.00
- RBT: $.50
I Am Boundless, Inc. also supports individuals pursuing or wanting to obtain their Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification by offering 40 hours of required virtual training, and paid supervision from a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
What You Will be Doing
We want people to join our team who share our values of love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. The ideal candidate will be implementing behavioral health and educational services using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis with individuals diagnosed with autism, related mental health disorders and intellectual disabilities in either a 1:1, 1:2 or small and large group sessions. They will be receiving supervision and training from behavior analytic and mental health supervisors through direct observation and team meetings. This is a Full-Time, Year Round, Hourly position. Monday- Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
- High School diploma or equivalent,
- Preferred College Degree in education, psychology, social work, or a related field.
- 3 years or more years of experience in the behavioral health, human services, or mental health field
- One to two (1-2) years of experience working directly with children and families.
- Experience working with people with autism spectrum disorders and developmental disabilities.
- Experience working with people with behavioral health conditions.
- Valid Ohio Driver's License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance.
- No more than 5 points on license.
- Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant (training will be provided if not already certified).
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must be able to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with individuals, staff, and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, emotionally upset, and at times hostile clients/family members.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
This job regularly works in the center or assigned treatment program. This job may also work in the community providing services outside of the office, in schools, client homes, and other community settings. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ability to maintain physical exertion for multiple events across a shift that could last up to 45 minutes per episode.
- Ability to maintain a kneeling and/or crouching position for multiple events across a shift that could last up to 45 minutes per episode.
- Ability to stand for the majority of the shift.
- Ability to respond quickly to sounds.
- Ability to see and quickly respond to dangerous situations.
- Ability to wear personal protective and safety gear correctly for the majority of the shift.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, crawling, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time across the shift along with the ability to walk swiftly or run after consumers on a shift.
- Ability to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to restrain/hold/transport individuals as needed.
- Ability to utilize quick body movements when working with individuals with challenging behavior.
- Ability to remain awake for the entire assigned shift.
Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to complete trainings and apply knowledge to work with individuals served.
- Ability to perform emergency medical procedures when necessary.
- Requirement to lift/bend/push/pull/stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl regularly when implementing crisis interventions.
- Ability to accurately document required therapy data.
- Operate and conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to hear and speak spoken language in communication with individuals served, other staff, family members of individuals, and members of the general public.
- Ability to accept and implement feedback and constructive criticism in teaching, overall job operations.
- Intermediate computer skills.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.