Do you have an a desire to work in a location that makes a difference every day in our community? Are you an office-assistant looking for a change of scenery? Please apply if this position makes your heart skip a beat. Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate.
Teton County WY is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. Teton County WY is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of sex, race, creed, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, ancestry, family status, medical condition, family care leave, genetic predisposition or status as a covered veteran and other protected classifications.
Teton County WY fully embraces the concept of a diverse work force and is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for disabilities and religious practices when necessary. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations.
Under direct supervision, performs clerical, bookkeeping, and office support duties for an assigned work group; processes files and records, and updates computer database; provides information and assistance to customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs basic clerical and administrative support duties for assigned work group within scope of authority and training, and in compliance with County policies and quality standards; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Updates and maintains a variety of electronic and paper files, records, reports, and documents.
- Receives documents, technical records, and applications; checks documents for validity and accuracy of information; files paperwork, and enters data into department computer systems; reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Provides a variety of clerical and office assistance duties; makes and distributes copies; schedules meetings; processes mail, correspondence, invoices, and other documents.
- Updates statistical information, reports, and technical documents.
- Accesses department files, and locates information for clients, staff, local agencies, and others as authorized.
- Prepares correspondence; compiles and distributes information packets and other communications.
- Provides customer service, information, and assistance to visitors and others having business with County; responds to requests for information within the scope of authority.
- Performs basic bookkeeping functions; collects special fees and payments, and maintains accounts.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and directs the caller to the correct person or work group, or takes and relays messages as appropriate.
- Orders, receives, and distributes supplies and equipment.
- Cross trains in a wide variety of clerical and office support duties.
- Supports the relationship between the Teton County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent; AND one year of clerical, administrative support, and computer experience; OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Knowledge of:
- County policies and procedures.
- Basic office practices and procedures.
- English usage, spelling, vocabulary, grammar, proofreading, and punctuation.
- Customer service principles, standards, and methods.
- Applicable policies, procedures, and regulations covering specific areas of assignment.
- Basic principles of record keeping and records management.
- Standard and specialized computer software applications and internet technologies.
Required Skills in:
- Operating standard office equipment, and business computers with standard software applications.
- Entering information into a computer system with speed and accuracy.
- Making mathematic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Providing effective customer service, and dealing tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Following verbal and written instructions.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Expected to be present during office hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm.