|As a research and action organization, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying and reducing the causes of racial disparities in public safety. Using data-driven approaches to social justice, we use science to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
The Center for Policing Equity is looking for a skilled Administrative Assistant with a passion for social justice issues. This role will support the work of COMPSTAT for Justice (C4J), a program that helps law enforcement agencies reduce, with the goal of eliminating, racially disparate public safety outcomes. The position provides support to the Senior Director and members of the C4J Team. This position reports to the Senior Director of C4J.
Using problem-solving and analytical skills, the Administrative Assistant will provide support to the organization's Senior Director, Program Manager, and other staff within the C4J program, as needed. The Administrative Assistant will focus on coordination of internal and external meetings and events, and guide follow-up correspondence and task execution. The Administrative Assistant will also lead special project completion, material creation, and other duties as assigned.
This position requires an administrative professional with great attention to detail, the ability to problem-solve and independently prioritize work, the ability to anticipate the needs of the team, and eventual fluency with work process tools used by the team, including Salesforce, Zoom, G-Suite, Asana, Sharefile, Slack, and others.
General Administration for the C4J program
- Coordinate internal and external meetings for all program staff. This includes all logistics and scheduling for conference calls via Zoom and in-person meetings.
- Note-taking and other support tasks for C4J program meetings, including meetings with police departments and other external stakeholders.
- Assist with coordinating travel for all program staff. This includes setting up appointments with external partners and addressing all logistical details.
- Submitting reimbursement forms and compiling receipts for all program staff members, as requested.
- Contributing to event and retreat planning for the program.
- Support all program staff with use of platforms and tools, including Asana, G Suite and team shared folder, Salesforce, Sharefile, Zoom, and Slack. This may include upload of materials and content entry.
- Support of Sprint Planning and updating of tasks in Asana under the direction of the Program Manager and Senior Director
- Other ongoing duties, as assigned
- Various project support assigned by Senior Director, Program Manager and other staff, including (re)creation of key program collateral; supporting legislative and community engagement efforts in C4J locations; measurement of key program process and impact indicators; task and milestone tracking using Asana and Salesforce platforms; creation of slide decks, tables and charts, documents and schedules; and other projects as assigned
- Assist with new employee onboarding scheduling and access to tools/materials, as directed by the employee's supervisor and program manager
- Other timebound projects, as assigned
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proactive in surfacing problems and finding solutions
- Comfortable taking initiative and 'managing up' to move tasks forward
- Passionate about social justice issues
- Confidence in using business productivity and task management platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in G Suite, specifically Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Ability to learn and become fluent in Asana, Salesforce, Sharefile, Zoom, and Slack
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time, for ad hoc visits to implementation sites and for team development activities (retreats)
Other Relevant Qualifications (desired, but not required)
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant, Project Coordinator, Executive Assistant, or similar role
- Proficiency with Asana, Google Workspace, Salesforce, Zoom, and/or Slack