The Sheraton Boston Needham is managed by StepStone Hospitality. A position in one of StepStone’s hotels is a fun and rewarding career. We value of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork – they are our guiding principles and they shape who we are as a hotel. When you join our team, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals. We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience.
We are currently seeking a full-time Director of Rooms to help lead our Front Office, Housekeeping and Fitness Center teams.
* Maintain standards of quality guest service and cleanliness.
* Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize profitability related to the rooms departments.
* Develop short- and long-term financial and operational plans for the rooms departments that relate to the overall objectives of the hotel.
* Participate in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
* Increase level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an exceptional product through employee development.
* Maintain and correct procedures for credit control, financial transactions, security of financial assets, and guest security.
* Respond and resolve guest requests, complaints, or questions in a courteous and timely manner.
* Ability to accurately use various office and accounting software.
* Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with guests, associates, and vendors.
* Ability to assist with the design and preparation of statistical reports and presentations as needed.
* Ability to accurately report information.
* Ability to assist with various accounting department tasks as needed.
* Ability to scrupulously follow all StepStone and hotel policies and procedures.
* Must have a comprehensive knowledge of all hotel departments and functions.
* Must have a comprehensive knowledge of applicable Federal, state, and local health, safety, and legal regulations.
* Must have exceptional mathematical and computer skills.
* College education and relevant training and experience required. Additional education preferred.
* Ability to timely obtain any required licenses or certificates.
* CPR training required; first aid training preferred.
* Additional language ability preferred.
* 3-5 years of previous Front Office and/or Housekeeping leadership required, preferably in similar sized hotel. Knowledge of local market preferred.
* Marriott and/or Starwood hotel experience strongly preferred.