Are you an EHR Support Specialist who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 232 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
What You Will be Doing
We want people to join our team who share our values of love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. The ideal candidate will provide direct and indirect support to clinicians and support staff in the delivery of patient care using electronic health record (EHR) systems. Under the supervision of the Information Analytics Manager, the EHR Support Specialist will oversee the day-to-day support of both production and test EHR platforms and serve as the primary point of support for EHR system users. Job responsibilities will include application support, configuration, and testing. This position will support any new or upgrade implementation module(s). Implementation tasks will include redesigning workflows, facilitating end-user application training, supporting go-live activities, monitoring and user adoption of existing and new workflows implemented, and reporting findings and trends. The EHR Specialist will provide ongoing training and support for all existing and new staff members and assist users in applying EHR upgrades and conversions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of electronic health record administration
- Minimum of 2 years supporting an enterprise-Class Electronic Health Records system
- Industry Experience – Two years of application responsibility in a healthcare environment, FQHC, Behavioral Health, and/or IDD experience
- Experience with SmartCare
- EHR Super User verified training /certification
- Knowledge of front and back-office utilization of financial and clinical information systems
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.