Are you a Direct Support Specialist who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan.
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education.
- Career growth opportunities.
Pay Range: $15.00 to $17.00 an hour. Based on your education, experience, and credentials
Schedule: After school hours 2 days a week and some weekend hours
What You Will be Doing
We want people to join our team who share our values of love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. The ideal candidate will be utilizing your professional skills to provide a personalized approach to care designed to increase adaptive skills and decrease challenging behavior while also supporting activities of daily living and providing direct care support. This is a unique opportunity for a special person to care for and support children or young adults (under 18) with a higher level of need in their homes. Primary job responsibility will be to provide in-home respite support to work directly with families in their homes, school, and communities in Licking/Fairfield Counties.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assist in the design of trauma-informed support strategies.
- Work side-by-side with families to ensure the proper implementation of trauma-informed support strategies.
- Train families and other support systems/caregivers as to the proper implementation of trauma-informed support strategies.
- Collect data.
- Provide Strategic Interval Respite.
- Frequent and consistent communication with team members to ensure proper execution and effectiveness of support strategies.
- Other duties as requested.
- Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant (training will be provided if not already certified).
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance, insurable driving record (five points or fewer).
- BA preferred with starting pay contingent upon education and experience
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities with complex behavior needs.
- Experience working with children.
- Experience working in a residential setting
Special Skills and Requirements
- Utilize that information in daily therapies
- Ability to perform emergency medical procedures when necessary
- Ability to accurately document required therapy data
- Always operates and conducts self in a professional manner.
- Ability to hear and speak spoken language in communication with individuals served, other staff, family members of individuals, and members of the public
- Ability to accept and implement feedback and constructive criticism in teaching, overall job operations
- Intermediate computer skills
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.