This position works under the Facilities Management Director to preform various duties including construction project management, perform various engineering tasks related to construction, and seeks and understands codes but not limited to codes pertaining to The Joint Commission and NFPA codes. The applicant will direct, a team related to the construction management field. The applicant is to determine and incorporate the best design, construction method, value engineering, and schedule for the appropriate scope of work including but not limited to electrical, med gas systems, life safety systems, and general construction practices. The applicant will perform various duties to become familiar with the water, mechanical, and electrical operations and functioning of TCRHCC infrastructure. Applicant will also prepare designs, specifications, and estimates. This position may be subject to emergency callback.
- Update department record drawings for Quarters and Facilities; including structure, utilities (existing & new).
- Ability to design, modify, develop, and write specifications and oversee construction; Plans, organizes, executes, and coordinates a variety of in-house projects or assignments including asbestos and lead abatement projects.
- Knowledge of multi-disciplinary engineering principles, theories, concepts, practices, standards, methods, techniques, materials, and equipment.
- Designs, modifies, develops, and writes specifications for the project scope of work. Prepares, designs concepts and ability to convey ideas and formulate working drawings using CAD and project management/scheduling software programs such as MS Project and Primavera Systems and to communicate using MS Office software. May convert the designs of engineers and architects into technical drawings and plans.
- Ability to plan, conduct, and record site/facilities surveys, inspections, and coordinate with other engineering disciplines, contractors and vendors.
- Knowledge of standard Federal, Navajo, and State contracting regulations, practices, and procedures in contract review and applications.
- Make determinations and provide recommendations addressing new project schedules and/or feasibility of pre-determined schedules. Provide accurate project documentation/record maintenance throughout the project. Maintain all historical data on projects for future projections and project budgeting.
- Administer purchase orders for materials and supplies, including verification of invoices, with approval of Director of Facilities Management. Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis. Maintain databases using various applications, providing reports and data upon request.
- Ensure that construction activities move according to a predetermined schedule. Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project. Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved with the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers, so that there can be a maximum utilization of the human resource at disposal.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities by periodic inspection and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams. Monitors and reports progress, problems, and solutions of the project to the Director of Facilities Management.
- Present final project report, handover project documentation, release project resources and conduct project review with the Director of Facilities Management. Shall identify key factors that led to the completion of the project and those that were not beneficial for the project, so that it can be avoided in the future.
- Complies with the established Hospital Standards for Life Safety and Joint Commission Standards. Ensure proper set up of safety measures prior and during construction activities; following the ICRA (infection control risk assessment) and PCRA (pre-construction risk assessment) requirements.
- Evaluates state-of-the-art scientific and environmental/engineering technologies and incorporates into the planning, design, operation, maintenance, repair, and upgrade of installation natural and built infrastructure.
- Supervising and overseeing construction personnel assigned to renovation, remodeling and new construction.
- Supervising and overseeing assigned personnel, assigning work orders, including but not limited to preventative maintenance for doors and locks at Hospital, Housing, and construction equipment.
- Directly overseeing each project budget and staying within project budget; however, if extending project budget, Project Manager must submit recommendation in advance to Director of Facilities Management.
- Knowledge of safety, security, OSHA, EPA, EEO regulations, practices, and procedures; attending training to re-fresh and continuous updates on current industry safety requirements and standards.
- Attend meetings as arranged by Leadership, Supervisors, and Health Officials as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensure proper PPE is worn at all times while on duty including but not limited to face mask, gloves, gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering respirator or higher (if available), and eye or face shield.
- Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. (See CDC website for most current updates).
- Complete task training for all routine cleaning and decontamination processes for all surfaces contaminated by a communicable disease to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee, and external customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all “red zone” tasks are followed per House Supervisor’s and Department Manager’s PPE requirements.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent frequently (1/2 workday) will be required to sit, stand, walk, maintain balance, and, reach. Incumbent will occasionally be required to drive, bend, climb, kneel, crouch, and twist. Incumbent is required to be able to lift, push and pull up to 24 pounds. May occasionally be required to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds. Must have the ability for prolonged use of hearing normal speech and telephone use. Incumbent will frequently need the ability for far vision, near vision, and color vision. Occasionally may need the ability for depth perception, seeing fine details, and, hearing overhead pages on a loudspeaker. Incumbent must be able to utilize hand manipulation ability with simple grasping and use of keyboard prolonged time (3/4 workday) and occasionally have the ability of firm grasping and fine manipulation. Incumbent must accept flexible schedule to meet unit needs. Work requires frequent walking, standing, reaching, bending, and carrying with occasional medium to heavy lifting. Work schedule may require after-hours work including holidays depending on the need of a critical project.
Exercise independent judgment to ensure high standards for facility safety and accessibility, which significantly impacts the environment for patient care and services; may deviate from existing department or corporation practices to resolve operating problems with input and approval from the Facilities Director. Incumbent must also have the mental and emotional ability to: cope with high level of stress; make decisions under high pressure; cope with anger/fear/hostility of others in a calm way; manage altercations; concentrate; handle a high degree of flexibility; handle multiple priorities in stressful situations; and, demonstrate high degree of patience for prolonged time (3/4 workday). Must be able to frequently work alone. Incumbent will need to be able to adapt to shift work and work in areas that are close and crowded. Must be able to accept flexible schedule to meet unit needs.
Incumbent may frequently be exposed to infection disease; dust, fumes, gases; extremes in temperature or humidity; and, hazardous or moving equipment. Incumbent may occasionally be exposed to chemical agents, unprotected heights, and loud noises.
Associates degree in construction science, construction management, engineering science or similar field.
- Must have two (2) years of experience in the construction maintenance repair, general construction, and healthcare construction; must know when property requires repair and the ability to make appropriate and timely arrangements for such.
- Must have one (1) year in direct experience in managing construction projects.
- Must have and maintain a current valid State Driver’s License, with no restrictions
Other Skills and Abilities:
A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers. All employment references must address and indicate success in each one of the following areas:
- Positive working relationships with others
- Possession of high ethical standards and no history of complaints
- Reliable and dependable; reports to work as scheduled without excessive absences and/or tardiness
- Knowledge of multi-disciplinary engineering principles, theories, concepts, practices, standards, methods, techniques, materials, and equipment
- Ability in managing job/project sites with trade contractors and multiple employees
- Experience with AutoCAD 2014 and/or other AutoCAD operating systems
- Completion of and, above-satisfactory scores on all job interviews, demonstrating to the satisfaction of the interviewees and TCRHCC that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Successful completion of and positive results from all background and reference checks, including positive employment references from authorized representatives of past and current employers demonstrating to the satisfaction of TCRHCC a record of satisfactory performance and that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Successful completion of fingerprint clearance requirements, physical examinations, and other screenings indicating that the applicant is qualified to be employed by TCRHCC and demonstrating to the satisfaction of TCRHCC that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Submission of all required employment-related documents, applications, resumes, references, and other required information free of false, misleading or incomplete information, as determined by TCRHCC.