- Assist in the development/implementation of leisure sales strategies.
- Actively prospect for new sources of business in person/market sales calls, emails and phone solicitation.
- Run monthly production reports to review business coming into the destination and actively reach out to move market share.
- Develop new and maintain existing relationships with key luxury travel agents, wholesalers, and corporate accounts.
- Actively engage with all accounts throughout the year to remain top of mind for their customer’s future bookings.
- Educate accounts on Kahala’s unique offerings through webinar presentations, podcasts and tradeshow/conferences.
- Host qualified site inspections and familiarization (FAM) groups to have key clients experience first.
- Actively promote unique selling points for the island of Oahu to help accounts keep Hawaii top of mind for all bookings.
- Conduct regular calls with accounts and travel partners to remain up to date on other destinations/ competitive hotel trends and provide timely feedback to the leadership team.
- Work with the Commercial Director and the Marketing Department to deploy quarterly travel agent and global newsletters.
- Help arrange for customized/personalized “touch points” with other departments for VIP bookings.
- Point of contact for communication with luxury accounts.
- Provide a weekly/monthly reports as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend daily sales briefings, weekly sales meetings as and when required.
- Follow-up with in-house departments.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Reports all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the Security Department.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned by the Commercial Director and the Assistant Director of Sales.
- Superior communication skills
- Fluency in English.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with current and prospective clients in a professional manner and in accordance with cultural expectations.
- Prior experience in accommodations-related environment, e.g. hotel/resort customer service or similar experience
- Knowledge of wholesaler accounts preferred
- The ability to analyze sales data and formulate strategies to improve revenue
- Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
- CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Mental Capacity & Organizational Skill Requirements:
- Ability to pay attention to detail, work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks and have a high level of patience.
- Ability to use sound judgment.
- Ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system utilizing software such as Word Perfect, Delphi and Opera.
- Ability to operate various office equipment such as, but not limited to, computer system, photocopying machine, telephone and facsimile.
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of maturity, patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
Physical Requirements (Based on an 8-hour work day)_:
Stand / Walk: __4__ hours a day
Sit: __4__ hours a day
Drive: ____ hours a day
Lift/carry: (Occasionally = 1/3 workday. Frequently = up to 2/3 workday)
0-20 lbs. ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
21-50 lbs. ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
51-100 lbs. X Not at all ? Occasionally ? Frequently
Employee is required to:
Bend: ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
Squat: ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
Kneel: ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
Climb: ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
Reach above shoulders ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
Perform Repetitive Hand Motions: ? Not at all ? Occasionally X Frequently
Other Physical Requirements:
- Ability to move throughout the work area while performing the essential job functions.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Indoors: ? Not at all ? Occasionally X Frequently
Outdoors: ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with the hotel’s attendance policy.
- Ability to comply with hotel rules and regulations including policies regarding safety and grooming standards.