JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE: Yard Jockey
REPORTS TO: Assistant Plant Manager / Plant Manager
LOCATION: Plant Facility
A. Education and Experience:
· Ability to work in a food manufacturing environment
· Previous food industry experience is preferred
· Must be a certified Class A CDL license to operate yard jockey truck.
· Must have a tanker endorsement.
This position is responsible for management of the tanker fleet used for liquid sucrose transportation. A key aspect of this role is ensuring that clean tankers are available according to customer needs and under the time limitations for shipping as required by company policy. In addition, if the facility has a wash bay this position is responsible for washing and sanitizing the trailers. Creation of the paperwork for inspection and washing fall under the responsibility of this role. This position works closely with the Load-out Operator to ensure product leaves the plant on schedule. This position is also responsible for the safe and clean operation of activities within their area of responsibility.
· Follow proper Work Instruction procedures for the washing of trailers, lab testing for conformance to specification and all aspects of product integrity.
· Create tanker inspection and wash documentation. Track time since was according to company policy.
· Manage and maintain processes for biosecurity and sealing of trailers.
· Position and move tankers using a Yard Jockey or similar equipment in a safe manner at all times.
· Ensure the proper security of the receiving and unloading areas for biosecurity purposes
· Clean and maintain equipment for the movement of positioning of tankers.
· Inspect all inbound tankers prior to loading and verify proper load integrity for prior material.
· Document all security seals and other food safety controls according to work instruction.
· Oversee and coordinate between multiple individuals working in the area of operation.
· Operate and maintain a forklift or other equipment for positioning or managing material as needed.
· Coordinate with the Load-Out Operator and Inventory Manager to ensure clean tankers are available for load out at all times.
· Perform sanitation on equipment as required.
· Sample product as required by Quality instructions and perform qualified testing as required.
· Follow GMP and other quality processes and procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned