|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of the DOD Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) School
- Minimum of five years of work experience in a U.S. Air Force PMEL
- Experience with U.S. Air Force Calibration Procedure Technical Orders
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word) required.
- Understanding of the U.S. Air Force Equipment Management System and Federal Supply System
- Excellent working knowledge of metrology and calibration principles, practices and issues in the RF/Microwave (K3/K4) section, particularly in the areas of Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Electronic Counters and Network Analyzers.
- Understanding of metrology mathematical skills, including the ability to calculate test accuracy ratios/test uncertainty ratios, root sum squared calculations and simple uncertainty analysis.
- Excellent documentation and customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates ability to work independently while meeting deadlines
- Travel may be required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to qualify for or have successfully completed a National Agency Check Investigation within the last ten (10) years
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Use Air Force PMEL knowledge to develop, write, and edit material for Air Force 33K Series Technical Orders, with an emphasis regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Read commercial data and other materials to become familiar with specific calibration methodologies and product test parameters.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment in accordance with set process standards for order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Coordinate Technical Order development and changes with Air Force Metrology and Calibration (AFMETCAL).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Occasionally – Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling
Required Often – Reaching, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Talking, Hearing, Seeing
Must have the ability to lift up to twenty (20) pounds (lbs.)
Normally works in an environmentally controlled work area.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Employability in the U.S. only
Pre-employment drug screen required