The primary function of the High Angle Rescue Technician is to provide confined space and technical rope emergency response.
Directly report to: Area Station Manager
- Facilitate rescue in the event of an incident involving personnel who are working at height, high angle, or in confined spaces.
- Inspect, inventory, and document (on HSE rescue equipment inspections logs) high angle rescue equipment (according to manufacturer's instructions) to ensure all equipment is ready to use. This inspection is to be conducted prior to leaving the station, upon arrival at location, daily (start of each shift) and once the equipment is returned to the station.
- Ensure all gas detection and breathing apparatus equipment is inspected prior to use and passes a function test.
- Perform risk assessments, preparing rescue equipment, and planning practical and effective solutions towards safe work practices.
- Create rescue plans for High Angle and Confined Space Rescue.
- Ability to problem solve and utilize interpersonal skills while maintaining a level of professionalism at all times.
- Other duties will be assigned as necessary
Employees Safety Responsibilities
- Be familiar with and work in accordance with health and safety legislation and company policies and procedures
- Take reasonable care to use safety and personal protective equipment as required by health and safety legislation and company policies and procedures
- Report to HSE Integrated supervision and management immediately any incident or condition believed to be hazardous to worker's health or safety
- Refuse the work if danger is imminent or not controlled
Education & Certifications
- Successful completion of the HSE, 50lb fitness to work assessment.
- NFPA 1006 compliant - Technical Rescuer Professional qualification
- H2S Alive
- Standard First Aid
- A valid, unrestricted Driver's License (Please note, a valid license does not include a Learner's Permit or Graduated License)
- A Driver's Abstract indicating an unrestricted license with no serious traffic safety violations and 4 or less convictions of any type in the last 36 months
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces
- Comfortable pushing / pulling (tools / objects), Sitting / driving, Bending / kneeling / crouching, Standing / walking for long periods of time, Working in adverse weather environments (heat / cold) and conditions (rain /wind)
- Shift lengths 10 - 12 hours, should be available to work longer if client requirements demand longer shifts or schedule changes.
- Employee must ensure that they are always fit for duty