|As a research and action organization, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying and reducing the causes of racial disparities in public safety. Using data-driven approaches to social justice, we use science to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is looking for a skilled Major Gift Officer (MGO) with a passion for social justice issues. This position will report to the Senior Director, Development, and works collaboratively with the Development team. The MGO is responsible for developing and managing relationships with assigned donors who have made gifts or with the capacity to give $10,000+ annually. The MGO will plan, coordinate, and implement donor engagement strategies to engage and solicit high-net-worth individuals nationwide.
In addition to stewarding current donor relationships, the MGO is responsible for identifying, qualifying and soliciting major donors and prospects. The MGO will also establish and implement cultivation events and exclusive donor engagement opportunities to strengthen ties with major donors and prospects.
The MGO must possess fluency or ability to develop fluency with work process tools used by the team, including Zoom, G-Suite, Salsa/Salesforce, Asana, Slack, and others.
- Initiate and cultivate one-to-one relationships with major donors and prospects that enhance their connection and lifetime loyalty to CPE
- Achieve monthly targets on donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities and keep accurate engagement records
- Secure new or increased gifts for CPE’s annual campaign and longer-term initiative efforts
- Creatively manage donor and prospect portfolio in collaboration with the Development department and other CPE departments.
- Develop a donor pipeline that leverages resources and compliments a variety of donor strengths and opportunities using moves management and strategic planning to engage donors
- Support and participate in the creation and implementation of a personalized donor recognition program
- Maintain and capture critical donor information utilizing CPE’s donor relations management (CRM) system
- Work collaboratively with the Development Team to develop realistic and attainable budget projections related to individual contributed revenue goals
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proactive in surfacing problems and finding solutions
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs preferred
- Comfortable taking the initiative and “managing up” to move tasks forward
- Passionate about social justice issues
- Confidence in using business productivity and task management platforms
- Proficient in G Suite, specifically Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Ability to learn and become fluent in Asana, Salesforce, Zoom, and Slack
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and/ or CFRE is preferred
- Miniimum 5 years previous fundraising experience required
- Minimum 3 years of major gifts experience preferred
- Experience in the development and implementation of a broad-based fundraising program, including personally cultivating and successfully closing 5- and 6-figure major gifts
- Cultural competency and a track record of working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds; commitment to participating in both individual and organizational work on diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-oppression
- Demonstrated commitment to public safety; a background in fundraising for a philanthropic cause or data-focused organization is a plus.
- Willingness to network outside of regular business hours through fundraising dinners, community events, conferences, and one-to-one meetings with high-net-worth individuals
- Able to successfully manage multiple priorities and demonstrate confidence working with all CPE stakeholders
- Able to exercise initiative, good judgment, flexibility, discretion, and solid decision making
- A plus is existing relationships with funders who support criminal, public safety, or social justice work.
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials.
Please be sure to label each PDF file by including your name. For example, your submitted CV should be labeled “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.CV.pdf.”