This position serves to develop business logistic services for a portfolio of customer accounts, and is responsible to adequately respond to the customer's total freight and logistics requirements. The individual will have complete oversight, autonomy and authority to negotiate pricing and accept/decline business.
• Develop business with clients, accept/decline to negotiate pricing, rate competitiveness and assess service regularly.
• Monitor and assess customer portfolio, continually strengthening relationships with existing customers, and finding and developing new customers.
• Leverage brokerage pricing techniques and tools, and market awareness and knowledge to effectively secure business while building a customer portfolio.
• Able to assess risk and guard against unforeseen risk to the company and recommend solutions and counsel others.
• Ability & willingness to support carrier management duties as needed by the business.
• Responsible for attaining monthly individual goals which lead to meeting or exceeding branch AOP.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS• BA in Business Management, Logistics or like discipline, or combination of education and logistics expertise, or customer service/sales experience.• Experience in supply chain, logistics, transportation, or like experience.• Advanced communication (written and verbal), organizational, and problem solving skills.PREFERRED SKILLS• Proficient in negotiating, sales or broker experience.• Ability to deliver exceptional service through positive engagement and patience.• Ability to work in a team environment to continuously improve results.• Ability to promote a culture of trust and safety.WORKING CONDITIONSThis position will be required to work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, and, with or without reasonable accommodation is required to:• Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.• Frequently operate a computer for extended periods of time and regularly operate other office productivity machines.• Occasionally ascend/descend stairs and move up to 20 pounds of office objects.• Frequently communicate with peers, supervisors, third parties, and other employees to exchange accurate information and answer questions.• Occasionally attend meetings in buildings outside corporate office and at off-site locations with various internal conditions, and requiring travel in various external conditions.• Travel domestically as necessary.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENTUSA Truck, Inc. is firmly committed to inclusivity and equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, and does not discriminate against applicants or employees for any reason prohibited by law or its own policies. USA Truck, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants for employment.This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position; other duties outside of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://USATruckInc.appone.com