|As a research and action organization, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying and reducing the causes of racial disparities in public safety. Using data-driven approaches to social justice, we use science to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
About the Science Team
The team uses quantitative social science to discover new insights and publish peer-reviewed articles that advance scientific understanding of racial justice and public safety.
CPE is seeking dynamic, part-time (up to 15 hours/week) interns with a passion for social justice issues to join our team! Interns will work closely with CPE staff to support our justice, science, field engagement or program management initiatives. CPE's internship is designed to develop and cultivate interpersonal & professional skills.
Location: Remote, within the United States
Program Dates: August 15 - December 9, 2022
Responsibilities may include: research and writing, content creation, data analytics, community or donor outreach and other duties depending on skill set and interest.
- Superior attention to detail
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote environment
- Preference for rising junior or senior with a passion for social justice issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in G Suite, specifically Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Passionate about social justice issues
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis through June 3, 2022. We encourage you to apply early. To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter - Please indicate which team is of interest in your cover letter.
In the instance that the applicant's state minimum wage is more than $15/hour, CPE will adjust compensation accordingly to meet state standards.