The HR Intern will support the Human Resources team to drive HR initiatives and continuous improvement for the department. The intern will assist in the HCMS database conversion with scrubbing data, conducting audits, running ad hoc reports, creating key metrics, developing training content, and optimizing the database to its greatest potential. In addition, this intern will assist in converting job descriptions, researching compensation and benefit trends, coordinating virtual events, and providing recommendations for collateral updates. They will also provide support in areas of recruitment, benefits, training, performance management, engagement, and compensation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall support to the HR team through special projects, including but not limited to:
- Assisting in the HCMS database conversion and optimizing to its greatest potential.
- Assist with scrubbing data to ensure information is clean and ready for import.
- Run ad hoc reports from existing platform and new platform.
- Conduct audits to ensure data integrity.
- Create standard, key, workforce metrics.
- Assist with preparing material/communications for the new system.
- Develop training content for employees on how to use the new system.
- Enter data and upload photos into the system.
- Assists in the transition of merging job descriptions to new, standard template and audit to ensure a job description is available for each position. Creates a shared drive that all team members can access.
- Researches compensation and benefit trends by position and region.
- Assists in the coordination of virtual engagement wellness events.
- Assists in conducting a request for proposal for potential HR vendors.
- Reviews and redesigns employee collateral documents (onboarding forms, templates, etc.).
- Actively contributes to the department’s day-to-day functions, including reviewing HR inbox, scanning of files, entering data, posting requisitions, reviewing résumés, scheduling interviews, and completing reference checks.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and work independently while being able to work effectively with a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong aptitude with technology and report writing
- Demonstrated honest and ethical behavior
- Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude in human resources or non-profit administrative fields
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree in business or HR-related field
- Student member of SHRM a plus
- Microsoft Office suite, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ascentis/UKG Software
- Cloud-based benefit platforms
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- Work is generally performed in a combination of onsite and virtually.
This position requires up to 0% travel.
|NBCC and Affiliates provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.