$1,000 Sign-on Bonus!!!
Provide a clean, sanitary and safe environment for staff and children. Responsible for kitchen duties, preparation of food and food service for the center as outlined in the menus and in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards and USDA Requirements.
1. To maintain sanitation and hygiene procedures and participate in the maintenance of the center.
2. Adhere to the assigned food service work schedule and dress code.
3. To ensure that safe practices are followed to prevent injuries to children or self.
4. To maintain all federal, state, local and accreditation standards (these may include those set forth by NAEYC, APPLE, ECS, DOH, DCF and Head Start).
5. To communicate regularly with other staff, attending staff meetings, trainings and sharing information.
6. To have a cooperative, positive and supportive attitude within the program
7. To follow directions and assignments as given by supervisor and Food Services Lead.
8. Attend training sessions for enhancement of knowledge pertaining to nutritional practices and revised USDA requirements, when required.
9. To maintain confidentiality at all times.
10. To provide assistance in the classroom when needed
1. Receive menus in advance of preparation and review goods on hand to determine needs for compliance.
2. Prepare, assemble and deliver breakfast, lunch, and snack on time to the children.
3. Order and prepare items needed for preparation of any classroom nutrition activities.
4. Maintain daily Temperature Tracking form.
5. Coordinate maintenance of milk, formula, baby food and paper product stock.
6. Inventory nutrition goods and supplies for requisition of needed goods.
7. Maintain copies of all required forms and submit copies to Nutrition Specialist.
8. Wash all dishes (according to Health Department standards) daily.
9. Turn in all Vendor Delivery Slips to supervisor at the end of each month.
10. Clean and sanitize all kitchen areas daily.
11. Review inspection reports and take corrective action, when possible.
12. Discard trash and empty supply boxes daily.
13. Secure attendance from teachers, daily and prior to meal preparation.
14. Attend training sessions for enhancement of knowledge pertaining to nutritional practices and revised requirements from USDA, when required.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related marginal duties as required.)
· This position reports to the Center Manager.