Under the direction of the Lead Operator, department Supervisor(s), and department Manager, the Document Destruction Operator II will perform daily customer service routes and material collection for document shredding services. Embrace Opportunity Village core values by cultivating positive and meaningful CONNECTIONS with clients and colleagues, demonstrating ENTHUSIASM, high standards of PRODUCTIVITY, authentic STEWARDSHIP, and consistent participation in individual and team DEVELOPMENT. Reinforce and positively engage in Opportunity Village’s organizational culture supporting choice and creativity of clients and of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The Document Destruction Operator II will be responsible for operating the Document Destruction vehicle and supporting equipment including hand trucks, forklifts, pallet jacks, and lift gates.
2. Responsible for servicing customer locations along the assigned route with container drop offs, swaps, and pickups. Requires loading of full containers onto truck.
3. Responsible for box pickups. Requires loading and wrapping pallets via manual labor. Requires loading pallets onto truck through use of pallet jacks, dollies, and other equipment.
4. Responsible for loading and unloading the truck at the beginning and end of each shift with containers and other necessary supplies.
5. Responsible for weighing containers following unloading and transferring containers to the document shredding area of the document destruction facility.
6. Responsible for delivery of document shredding containers to existing and new customers.
7. Operator II must accurately complete pre-and-post shift inspection and preventative maintenance logs for the Document Destruction vehicle assigned to you.
8. Maintain the highest degree of security, safety, and confidentiality based on contractual requirements, AAA NAID certification, HIPAA compliance, OSHA regulations, and Opportunity Village policy and procedure.
9. Utilization of proper safety equipment (i.e. gloves, dust masks, and protective eyewear).
10. Responsible for accurate and legible completion of all documents (i.e. service tickets, delivery tickets, and customer documentation).
11. Operator II is expected to maintain communication with support personnel regarding route variables including but not limited to heavy traffic conditions, lag time with dock availability, lag time with customer specific needs and requests, etc.
12. Complete any documentation related to working with an assigned Customer Service Associate (i.e. driver helper).
13. Assists with shredding room operations when needed including:
a. Sort paper to recognize and remove non-paper materials, hazardous materials, etc.
b. Using arms and hands move paper along conveyor belt; safely fan the materials on the conveyor belt ensuring the materials do not produce a jam in the shredding blades.
c. Feed paper into shredding equipment safely.
d. Relocate, maneuver, and transport full and empty shredding containers.
e. Empty paper contents from boxes into shredding containers and/or onto to conveyor belt.
f. Feed bale wire and prepare material bales.
g. Assist with keeping the work areas clean and organized.
h. Assist with collecting and weighing walk-in customer materials.
14. Promote an abuse and neglect free environment. Report suspected Mistreatment to department leadership or Case Manager immediately (per Opportunity Village policy) and no later than 24 hours via incident report, as mandated by state law.
15. Maintain established production metrics.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. This position includes working with individuals with individuals served, who serve as Customer Service Associates alongside an Operator II or Lead Operator. Appropriate supervision of these individuals is required. See Direct Care Addendum.