The Total Rewards & Onboarding Specialist coordinates with benefit plan administrators, implementation and completes day to day functions for the benefits office of the corporation. The incumbent will establish and provide total rewards subject matter expertise and compliance for all total rewards for TCRHCC Corporation employees and supplemental employees. Total reward areas focus areas and programs may include leave of absence benefit administration, job and compensation analysis, job descriptions, health benefits, retirement, supplemental benefits, and life insurance benefits.
- Enter, review and update the Benefits administration employee tracking system in compliance with enrollment, claims resolution, charge reporting, annual evaluation of plan for cost effectiveness, administer qualifying events as outlined in the corporation summary plan description.
- Acts as an advocate for employees and manages relationships with insurance providers, brokers and other vendors. Advocates and resolves benefit and compensation related issues in a timely and courteous manner. Prepares and communicates information to employees and retirees about benefit programs, procedures, changes and government-mandated disclosures. Responsible for ensuring employees understand all the benefits afforded to them, by way of various regular communications, training and meetings. Expectation is a high level of service for our employees.
- Presents at New Employee Orientation and represents the corporation as the designated presenter of the corporation per Joint Commission Mandatory new employee orientation requirements.
- Coordinates New Employee Orientation with department managers and Senior Leadership to improve, change or update per Joint Commission standards and regulation.
- Complete monthly data entry and reconciliation process to pay for benefits related costs for corporation employees.
- Review and enter benefit deductions into the payroll and benefit administration software in accordance policy and regulatory requirements.
- Discuss, meet and administer benefit plans, notifications, and determine benefit eligibility for corporation employees and dependents.
- Collaborates with the Human Resource department personnel to collect, review and advise department managers on HR related policies and procedures.
- Complete all reports, verifications, claims processes for employees and eligible dependents.
- Facilitate and host the quarterly benefit and retirement committee meetings year-round as a non-voting member with other HR benefits personnel.
- Completes the compensation process, job analysis, disparity reviews, market data analysis, recommendations and updates the compensation table in collaboration with the CHRO, Position Control Committee and Senior Leaders per the Compensation policy.
- Conduct regular audits related to the Benefit enrollment system and HRIS for employee payroll deduction accuracy (includes, enrollment changes, 401k plan, and supplemental benefit coverages).
- Support recruiters and HR business partners, providing market total compensation analysis and recommendations. Consult in order to ensure internal equity and consistency in the compensation program.
- Administers employee benefit plans and procedures by facilitating discussions with insurance brokers and carriers; includes evaluation of claims resolution, charge reporting, and annual evaluation of plans for cost effectiveness and service.
- Performs analysis of compensation and market data to evaluate salary structure, maintenance of compensation program, and ranking. Responsible for the administration of the wage and salary functions to provide the most effective and cost-efficient programs for recruitment and retention.
- Identifies and recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, and alternate methodologies/policy changes while monitoring and sustaining current systems.
- Manages multiple and simultaneous projects dealing with the administration of the benefits application and/or associated modules. Communicates and presents project updates and issues, as they arise, to internal and external customers and/or management. Identifies project interrelationships that will affect project decisions and outcomes.
- Prepare personnel action forms, offer letters and contracts (as applicable) for new hires, transfers and contractors.
- Ensure proper PPE is always worn while on duty including but not limited to, face mask, gloves, gown, isolation gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering face piece respirator or higher, if available), and eye or face shield.
- Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. (see CDC website for most current updates)
- Complete task training for all routine cleaning and decontamination processes for all surfaces contaminated by a communicable disease to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee, and external customer satisfaction
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to sit at a desk for a prolong period of time, position requires ability to frequently bend, and occasionally stand, walk, drive, bend, kneel, climb, crouch, twist, maintain balance, and reach. Must write legibly and use a computer; must be able to hear and talk over the telephone and in person with others. Must be able to lift, push, and pull items that weigh up to 25 lbs. such as files, boxes, or recruitment items. Sensory requirements for position include prolonged ability for near and color vision, seeing fine details, hearing normal speech, hearing overhead pages, telephone use, and occasional ability for far vision, and depth perception. Both hand manipulation is required for ability of simple/firm grasping and fine manipulation.
Must be able to prioritize, use good judgment, and be able to coordinate a variety of issues while being frequently interrupted. Must have ability to cope with high level of stress, make decisions under high pressure, concentrate, handle a high degree of flexibility, handle multiple priorities in stressful situation, work along and demonstrate a high degree of patience for a prolonged period of time. Must occasionally be able to cope with anger/fear/hostility of others in a calm way, manage altercations, adapt to shift work, and work in areas that are close and crowded.
May occasionally be exposed to infectious diseases.