Soft Count Team Leader
Job Title: Soft Count Team Member Dept: Soft Count
Reports to: Soft Count Lead Pay Range $16.00/hr
Av Hrs / Wk 8-10 hrs/wk FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared by: Joshua Jackson, CLSC Date Prepared: 1-24-12
Approved by: Shawn Johns Date Approved: 8-17-16
Summary of Functions
A Soft Count Drop Team Member is responsible for the efficient count of all Currency in the Casino and the accurate accountability of such items. He/She also gathers and reports computations and satisfactorily operates all equipment necessary for their position.
Soft Count Team reports directly to the Soft Count Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Counts, verifies and straps a high volume of currency
- Works very well with others as part of a team
- Able to handle multiple priorities and tasks
- Able to be held accountable, to a high degree, for accuracy and thoroughness ensuring the integrity of all transactions and counts
- Maintain confidentiality of all casino operation data, including revenue
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in departmental and ERC policies
- Provide information and explain Players Club benefits, property amenities and marketing programs
- Provide courteous service to our guests and be cordial to all Team Members
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Maintain a consistent, prompt and regular attendance record
- Other duties as directed by management
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Good organizational skills, detail oriented
- Must be able to operate a 10-key
- Must possess reasonable ability to communicate in English
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S
- Must receive and maintain a valid gaming license from the Tribal Gaming Commission
- Must pass background check and UA testing prior to employment
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
- Gaming license issued by the Lower Elwha Gaming Commission
- Frequently involves sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Occasionally involves light work exerting up to 20 pounds of force and/or up to 10 pounds of force and/or negligible amount of force to move objects, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Constantly requires the ability to give and receive detailed information through verbal communication
- Constantly requires verbally expressing or exchanging ideas of important instructions accurately, loudly and quickly
- Constantly requires working with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm.
- Constantly requires repetitive movement of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Often requires walking or moving about to accomplish tasks.
- Occasionally requires standing and/or sitting for sustained periods of time.
- Occasionally requires ascending or descending stairs or ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
- Occasionally requires raising objects from a lower to a higher positions or moving objects horizontally
- Occasionally requires stooping which entails the use of the lower extremities and back muscles, infrequently requires crouching
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust and refocus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those as employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The worker is frequently subject to inside environment conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes, and is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Local travel is occasionally required. Travel outside of the state is infrequently required. Typical travel
time is generally less than a week.