Community First Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a mission to provide high quality, patient-centered health care that is respectful, compassionate and accessible to all members of our community.
Community First Health Center is looking to hire a licensed Social Worker for our Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP). Under the supervision of the MIHP Manger, the Social Worker provides case management and educational services through home, office and telehealth visits with Medicaid-eligible pregnant women and infants to promote healthy pregnancies, positive birth outcomes and infant health and development.
Customary Work Days: 40 Hours/week, Monday through Friday, occasional weekend to accommodate client need/special events. Customary Work Hours: 8:30AM-5:00PM, occasional evening hours to accommodate client need/special events.
Community First Health Centers require all team members, including temps, contractors, interns, residents, students, etc. to receive the COVID-19 vaccinations subject to certain exclusions. CFHC is committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.
Promote and maintain awareness of Agency programs, services and activities.
Provide Social Work Home and Office Visits for MIHP Caseload based on the MIHP Plan of Care.
Complete MIHP forms and billings to meet federal, state, insurance and agency standards.
Enter MIHP data electronically in case roster, state database, and perinatal workbook.
Perform initial assessments as assigned.
Attend MIHP team meetings and provide case coordination as assigned.
Consult with MIHP team members and clients’ medical providers to coordinate care.
Provide follow-up services and referrals based on client need.
Participate in quality improvement activities.
Complete additional MIHP Provider Training.
Complete MIHP required training for all MIHP staff per MIHP operations guide and MIHP website required training list.
Serve as advocate to clients.
Provide follow up services and referrals based on client’s needs.
Maintain open communication with supervisor.
Maintain MIHP caseload, MIHP charts and participate in chart reviews.
Attend meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences, as needed and approved for professional development and on behalf of Community First Health Centers.
Perform other duties as assigned
Why work for Community First Health Centers?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including;
- Bi-Weekly Competitive Pay
- Excellent Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan with low biweekly premiums and no exposure to a deductible, copays or coinsurance
- Dental coverage provided by Delta Dental of Michigan
- Vision coverage provided by VSP
- 100% Company Paid Short Term Disability Coverage, Long Term Disability Coverage and Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance
- 403(b) Thrift Savings Plan; 2% (up to 7%) annual salary employer contribution whether you participate or not!
- Aflac coverages including accident, cancer, hospital confinement and/or critical care
- Generous Holiday, Vacation and Personal time
- Professional growth opportunities/cross training
- Employee Recognition and Assistance Programs