At Haines, our people are the backbone of our operation, and they are like family. We believe that happy employees lead to happy customers…and there is no better time to be at Haines than right now! We are on a new journey of growth and change-building on our strong heritage and the commitment of all our associates-and we are looking for talented, hard-working and loyal people to join our distribution family.
Founded in 1874 on the company's core values of providing customers with superior service and products, Haines is among the oldest privately held companies in America. It is the largest floor covering distribution company in the country with operations covering the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to be responsible for maintaining financial records and procedures.
We provide competitive salaries, generous benefits, a business casual work environment and fun employee outings and events. Most importantly, we offer opportunities. Everyone in the organization has the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and enjoy the ability to grow their career. In fact, throughout the history of our company many of our company's leaders started in entry-level positions and worked their way up.
- Review financial statements for accuracy and legal compliance
- Prepare and file tax returns
- Enter accounting related information into business logs
- Inspect account books for efficiency and accuracy
- Organize and update financial records
- Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue
- Perform monthly bank settlement
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- 2-4 year's work related experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent Organizational and follow through skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic Excel and Word knowledge required