Social Services Social Workers needed for temporary or temp to perm, full-time positions in Delaware, Mercer and Camden Counties.
The primary purpose of the job is assistance in the overall operation of social services in the Health Care Center, following current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and the established policies of the facility. The Health Care Social Worker (HCSW) works collaboratively with the health care social service coordinator and all departments to advocate for residents in the Health Care Center. The HCSW provides emotional support to both residents and families. The HCSW addresses the medically-related needs of residents and assists residents in meeting their highest level of psychosocial functioning. The HCSW assists in coordinating discharge planning as appropriate. In addition, the HCSW will assist the Health Care Admissions Coordinator in admissions processes for the health care center.
Resident Services Functions:
- Serve as a resident advocate. Review concerns received/made by residents/families and provide a written report to appropriate departments immediately. Review all concern resolutions with Administration and maintain them in a master binder.
- Inform residents/families of personal and property rights during their stay in the Health Care Center.
- Assist with new resident/family orientation and offer emotional support to residents/family members during the adjustment process.
- Assist in coordinating resident discharges from the Health Care Center. Make referrals to home care agencies, the Resident Support Service Program, medical equipment companies, etc.… as indicated, and review the plan with the resident.
- Assist in coordinating discharge plans with other departments such as nursing, outpatient, and transportation, and notify the family of the plan.
- Serve as a back-up to the Health Care Center's Social Services Coordinator.
- Serve as a back-up to the Health Care Admissions Coordinator.
- Participates in the development of resident care plans and attends interdisciplinary team meetings. Assist with advance directive education as needed. Assist in the coordination of mental health services and other ancillary support services as indicated.
- Provide staff in-servicing as needed/requested.
- Complete documentation requirements following established policies and current skilled nursing / personal care facility regulations.
- Interview / assess all residents and complete social history and initial admission assessments as required upon admission.
- Complete all MDS documentation as required.
- Track and document all direct care as provided (by the position) and as required for PBJ (Payroll-Based Journal).
- Complete all documentation following the current standards of practice for social workers.
- Complete admissions documentation following community practices and regulatory requirements.