Symbiont Science, Engineering and Construction, Inc, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is a multi-disciplined, employee-owned engineering, environmental, and design-build consulting and construction firm. We offer challenging and rewarding growth opportunities to our employees and have been recognized as a top workplace in southeastern Wisconsin. Our annual revenues are about $100 million. Our client base includes multiple Fortune 100 companies as well as municipal and state agencies. Our municipal clients are primarily located in the upper Midwest. Meanwhile, Symbiont's industrial clients are located throughout the United States and include top-brand brewing, beverage bottling, dairy companies, RNG developers, and technology providers. Even more, Symbiont's Design-Build and Construction divisions collaborate to provide turnkey design-build services.
We are seeking an experienced Process Engineer with 6+ years of experience in the natural gas and/or biogas industries to help us grow our RNG/Energy business.
- Participating and supporting RNG proposal development.
- Performing process and chemical mass balance modelling for RNG projects.
- Work with appropriate equipment manufacturers, vendors, and suppliers on specifying process equipment for RNG projects.
- Lead and participate in design teams, support engineering calculations, and the design process.
- Supporting and construction and commissioning process on appropriate facility design projects.
- Participating, leading, and troubleshooting the field start up and commissioning on RNG projects.
- Providing guidance and mentoring to staff and project engineers.
- Open availability to travel (up to 20%).
- Significant work experience in gas separation process technologies such as: moisture removal, Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) removal, Carbon Dioxide (CO2) removal, Nitrogen and Oxygen rejection, power generation, heat recovery and solid-liquid separation processes.
- Experience in PFD and P&ID development, specification preparation and equipment selection for major unit processes.
- Experience with proposal development, design, construction, and commissioning of Biogas/RNG systems.
- Experience with automated control systems, PLC's and instrumentation.
- Experience involving the modeling and design of biogas from Landfills and Anaerobic digestion processes to pipeline injection.
- Expertise in process simulation models; Aspen HYSYS, or similar Chemical Mass Balance modeling.
- A PE License with the ability to gain additional state licensure, and/or NCEES record.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire and ability to mentor younger professional staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Experience working in the consulting industry.
Symbiont offers a competitive salary and benefits. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter.