Who we are:
Symbiont is an employee-owned, multi-disciplined engineering, environmental, design-build, consulting, and construction firm, recognized by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel as a Top Workplace in 2021. Our employees are encouraged to discover and explore their passions to best serve our clients. Passion drives the work we do, pushes us to seek out meaningful partnerships, fosters a shared sense of responsibility for the planet, and helps us deliver results. We believe in our employees, support their growth, and value their input.
About the role:
As a Project Engineer, you will be an important part of Symbiont’s electrical and power distribution group. This is an excellent opportunity for a power distribution engineer who seeks challenging work with interesting clients, and an opportunity to lead design projects. You will work on a wide variety of projects, including preliminary engineering, construction cost estimation, power system studies, and final design. Tasks include the design, sizing, layout, and specification of electrical power distribution equipment and industrial control systems, lighting design, motor control design, and stand-by power systems design. Project assignments will include fieldwork to coordinate design with existing facilities and to support construction and system commissioning.
This role can work from anywhere in the US, with occasional travel to the Milwaukee office and client sites.
- B.S. in electrical engineering, with an emphasis in power distribution systems
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in engineering consulting
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in AutoCAD and analysis software (ETAP, Visual Lighting, etc,) is a plus
- Licensed professional engineer is not required but is preferred, and any selected candidate would be expected to obtain the certification.
For more information about Symbiont, please visit our website at: www.symbiontonline.com
Symbiont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a Drug Free Workplace