Albemarle Estate at Trump Winery is looking for a professional, energetic, enthusiastic individual to serve as our new Hospitality Manager who will serve as the lead wine and food expert on staff and act as the Manager on Duty in the absence of the Hotel Director. The Hospitality Manager will be responsible for ensuring every guest receives exemplary customer service and wine and food is served to a five star standard of service. This position also serve as the point person for the servers in the dining room at the estate as well as act of the floor sommelier. The Hospitality Manager will report to the Hotel Director and work closely with all department managers and directors. This position is full time and will require a flexible schedule with weekend and holiday availability required.
We provide a fun atmosphere with an opportunity to grow, competitive pay with benefits including great, affordable medical and dental insurance (covering 80% of employee premium and 20% dependent), PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Accident Insurance, 401k eligibility after one year with up to 6% company match, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more.
Position: Hospitality Manager
Location: Albemarle Estate at Trump Winery - 20 minutes south of Downtown Charlottesville
Schedule: Flexible Availability Needed - Weekend and Holiday availabiity required
Wage: $12-15 per hour plus tips (Anticipated earnings $65,000 plus per year)
- Greet and educate guests on Trump Winery, the Albemarle Estate menu, wine, and Charlottesville tourism
- Makes rounds to ensure all guest are satisfied and needs are met
- Maintain guest satisfaction by handling inquiries, concerns or comments and provide solutions; acquire feedback from guest and staff in order to ensure satisfaction and/or implement service improvement ideas; develop new concepts to ensure guest satisfaction
- Able to respond intelligently to guest questions regarding Trump Winery, Trump Winery entrees and cuisine, wine making, and Albemarle Estate
- Communicate with service and kitchen staff regarding reservations and/or special events
- Conduct pre-shift, and/or pre-event meetings with all necessary staff
- Execute opening and closing duties
- Conduct trainings with staff as needed
- Assist with events held at the Estate
- Be the lead wine and food expert on staff; responsible for recommending wine varieties to our guest based on personal taste and food choices, ensure wines are stocked and stored properly, and work with the Executive Chef on wine pairings for menus
- Act as Manager on Duty in absence of the Hotel Director to respond to any guest inquiries and service needs
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the business runs efficiently
- High School Graduate or G.E.D
- Experience and knowledge of fine dining and wine required.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive responsibility in food and beverage industry.
- Experience in resolving customer issues/complaints
- Demonstrated commitment to delivery exemplary customer service
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate situations, and take quick action
- Ability to effectively build and foster a team environment
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and moving up and down stairs.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Managers’ Alcohol Responsibility Training Certificate
- CPR/First Aid
- Knowledge of computing skills (Microsoft Suite, Google Suite)
- Exceptional organizational skills, leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff (both verbally and non-verbally)
- Ability to work with all personality types even in adverse situations
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and recommend/implement effective solutions
- Solid time management skills
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- 80% company paid medical premiums with only a $1000 deductible
- 80% company paid dental premiums
- vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- 401k with up to 6% company match
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise, and hotels
- Monthly wine training opportunities
- Two paid team volunteer days per year
Trump Vineyard Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Vineyard Estates participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).
#server #food and beverage manager #sommelier #hospitality #maître d'